Problems with Z10 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Guido, Aug 23, 2021.

1. muha

muha Active Member

Sorry just check 2Pass after bitrate

2. Guido

Guido New Member

Hello muha and Inikad.
    I returned the zidoo to the seller, they tried it and the display works for them (they sent me a picture), so it was sent back to me but when I plug it in the display doesn't work. How can this be possible? They told me it could be the power supply, but I use the original! Furthermore, if the zidoo connects to the TV, in my opinion it means that it is not an electrical or power supply problem. What do you think about it? Advice? Also because I think they don't want to change him for another.

3. muha

muha Active Member

Try under Settings\Other\Front Display Panel to switch between Close(off)\Light\Dark. If that doesn't work, you have faulty device.

Attached Files:

4. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Or it didn't work for them either, they just told you it works ...

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I would insist for a replacement or a refund, if you are still in the window to do that.

6. Guido

Guido New Member

It's not a problem of setting, It was the first thing I cheked.

7. Guido

Guido New Member

So can you confirm that if the connection to the TV works, it can't be an electrical problem that doesn't make the display work?
    I will send the zidoo back to the seller who will check it again, but I don't know how it will turn out.

8. Guido

Guido New Member

This is the photo the seller sent me. In fact I recognize to be my Zidoo for the creases on the film.
    I ask you a question: should the display work even if it is connected only to the power supply?

Attached Files:

9. muha

muha Active Member

Nop, display only works when device is turned on (power on).

10. muha

muha Active Member

Hey man, I was thinking. do you put HDD in bay or connect it over USB2/3 port or external SATA? If you do, pull out HDD or disconnect all external drives and than turn it on and see if display work?

11. Guido

Guido New Member

I connected the zidoo to the electrical socket and turned it on with the rear button. There was nothing connected, no HDD, no USB connection, HDMI etc ..., just the power cable.

12. muha

muha Active Member

You have to press power button on remote to turn it on.

13. Guido

Guido New Member

Sorry for the low quality of the first 3 photo's that I extract from a video.
    I try also with power button on remote. It doesn't work.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      284.3 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      300.5 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      263.3 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      323.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

This is so weird... :confused:

Did they try the unit with your own power supply or one that they already have?

The power supply coming with this generation of Zidoo is not impressive at all. The previous one on the Z10 was stronger (12V 3A vs 12V 2A for the Z10 pro). To try another power supply (12V 3A or 12V 4A earthed) could be interesting, to see if it changes anything to the issue.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/power-supply-with-z10-pro.87343

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  15. Guido

Guido New Member

I don't know which power supply they tried. My question then is this: the moment the zidoo turns on anyway (you hear the fan and if connected to the TV you can see it) and then it is electrically powered at that point if the display should work if it is not broken. You mean a power supply can make it work

16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

When you turn on the Zidoo, you can see on the display : « Boot », then « WELCOME » for a moment, and « the current hour » when everything is loaded and the main page of the zidoo displayed on your TV.

17. muha

muha Active Member

Return the unit. I am sorry for your crappy out of the box experience. Return the unit to vendor and send your photos to them. Also if they don't want to send you new unit or return the money file a complain to your National consumer protection organisation.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  18. Guido

Guido New Member

So you confirm that if zidoo is on and connects to the TV the display must work and this does not depend on the power supply. In summary, even if I changed the power supply, the display would not work.

19. Guido

Guido New Member

I send them a video. I will wait because I send it back today.

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The front display is connected to the motherboard by ribbon connectors - my suspicion would be that one of these connectors is loose and when the supplier got the box, by coincidence, the connector made a good contact.