Problem with DTS X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alfonso Fuente Rodriguez, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's a lesson to be learned here - don't mess with the EDID unless you have a specific reason and you know what you're doing ;)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There is a Zidoo problem with DTS format detection for sure as the first track always gets signaled with +2 channels. In most cases the first track is the one having Atmos or DTS-X included so that one is often detected badly. Lucky using RAW my AMP still always plays them as they are intended correctly.
    I have no idea why such a stupid thing does not get fixed by Zidoo engineering?

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-upto-fw-v6-4-7-20-no-feature-requests.84836/
    #13 on that list which already indicates it is an old one still there.

Agreed playing around with EDID is asking for compatibility problems and only a last resort remedy.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  3. dgoliveira

dgoliveira New Member

hey guys. I'm having trouble playing dts x too. I tested an audio file and the soundbar detected it. But no movie is detected dts X. I tried to run Interstellar and the video broke and no sound came out. The first audio is Dts X. Videos with Dolby atmos ok. Any bug? my zidoo is connected directly to the samsung Q950t soundbar.

4. Samsung can not passthrough dts x

5. dgoliveira

dgoliveira New Member

Thanks for the answer. But my Zidoo is connected directly to the Soundbar and it is compatible with Dts.

6. Try the movie fast and furious 7 it's the only movie I know how has dts x not whit dts hd master what I know is the samsung wil not seport dts hd master

7. You samsung bar has problems decoding DTS-HD MA so it wil never do real dts x try the fast movie 7 it has only dts x it wil work then you know you can not play DTS-HD Master

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

But if your end-line device is not compatible, we won't be able to play DTS-X at all.

9. The sound bar can play dts x but not dts x master there is your problem

10. gymnos

gymnos Member

@mirror

Please, could you fix that with the next firmware?