Powering on Z1000 using the app.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Screemer, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Screemer

Screemer New Member

I can’t turn my box on from the remote app. It says command sent, but nothing happens. It turns it off fine. Any ideas? I’d love to get it working as I have it in a closed unit so it’s a pain having to open the doors every time. Thanks

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Me neither and my Z1000 Pro is also enclosed. I use my Harmony Elite Hub and Remote, it works perfectly :)

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are sure the IP-Address is set correctly and there is no Firewall in-between?
    It uses WOL (Wake On LAN).

4. Screemer

Screemer New Member

well i need to check, but it finds it when i search for it, and it lets me power it off ok.

5. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

It used to work fine a few firmwares back, but now it doesn't work for me either. I can wake up other devices so I suppose it's not a network issue.

6. Nice Monkey

Tried my Neo X yesterday and that one booted. Could be model specific?

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely a problem here.

Tested on Z9X and won't reboot from he app.

Also if putting it into Standby instead of Power Off, the device reboots.

Will report this but obviously it's not going to get looked at until after the New Year.

fsim2000 and rozel like this.
  8. Nice Monkey

Yeah the latest FW releases in fact broke more things than they solved. Moved back from Neo Alpha to Neo X myself. Also back to using again my HDMI-CEC blocker. :eek:
    Please Zidoo concentrate some time on fixing things only without adding any new features.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with these - they fix the work of the devil! I've another on order :)

10. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I need to use the ASUS router app to wake up the Z1000 Pro, only then I can use the zidoo app.

11. Markswift2003

Yep - confirmed - if you send a WOL magic packet to the box it wakes up, so it's an issue with the app, not the box.

Just tried sharking it and the app doesn't actually send anything when you press the boot button - all you see is a continuous string of ICPM Ping requests whilst you're on the Device List page as it polls available devices.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  12. Markswift2003

Apparently it's a known iOS issue - so the app didn't change, Apple buggered it up.

It will be addressed soon.

13. Nice Monkey

That explains it then. I am using Android on my SmartPhone.