Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

I have a Z9X with the latest beta firmware V6.3.12_G and I have a couple of questions:-

1. Is it normal for the posterwall to take it's time showing the TV and Movie pics (I have 1400 items), but it seems like they are greyed out and then they slowly change from greyed out to showing the poster over 3 to 5 seconds, especially when scrolling through, is this normal?

2. The poster selection seems screwed up, when it comes to choosing some or even the same film - I know I can manually add posters, but when I go to add some posters the poster choices are really limited. I can sometimes have the same film, 3d + normal version and one of the versions will have a massive selection of posters and yet the other copy of the same film will have very view?

Thanks and any advice is appreciated.

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've said this many times that the zidoo players do not have enough ram on the base models. Aside from that yeah it's normal. Posterwall isn't optimized very well, and you're on the firmware that they actually optimized it more than ever on these models so I don't know what to tell you. Especially TV Shows cause there is a lot more info that's using up ram. I wouldn't use posterwall if you have that many items. Cause it's slow and laggy with large video libraries. The ZDMC app that you can get off the Zidoo home page is probably your best bet. Or downsize your collection. People that tell you any different don't have large collections so they look at people that do like they have two heads cause they don't have the same issues.

gollygosh likes this.
  3. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

Thanks for that reply, it helps a lot in my thinking process, I thought OK it might just be me and I had some kind of config issue etc. Sometimes it's all about pressing buttons in the right order and then sometimes it's just a lack of ram problem :)

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Very interesting... quite close to Zappiti media interface

5. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Is it possible to have French via TVDB? All of my introductions to my series are in English. ? Thx

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

The latest widgets are really great, but would it be possible to add the old TV logo.

7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That was fast, thank you very much :)

8. Nicholas Hewitt

9. Nicholas Hewitt

10. Nicholas Hewitt

I think there is a setting in poster wall to choose the language you want everything to be in.

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

That's fine, but I'd like to suggest to add a new group: "Recent". It will show the movie list by order of incorporation.

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Visconti,

Unless I am mistaken, we already have this information with the "LATEST" row

[​IMG]

See you soon

13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, but I meant as a main icon on the menu to see the whole collection poster and then choose.
    Anyway HT4 chooses that way and it's fine, different way.

14. burton

burton Member

I cannot access (click on) the director, actors and plot in the other two modes besides the classic mode.
    Am i doing something wrong?If not thats something that should be fixed because it is very useful.....

15. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I can't reproduce your issue. It works fine for me.

16. Nicholas Hewitt

What happened to this one? lol

pcristi likes this.
  17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Hi OliverQC, what about Zappiti Video, do you accept such device?

19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Are there any shortcuts to switch between the 3 posterwall views (Grid, List and ??).
    Instead of the icons at the top.