Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I see that the set of (educational) video files is on trak.tv, which TMM could scrape if I bought an annual subscription. I could just d/l artwork myself for this one fileset. But I guess TMM could also make an NFO...but I'm not sure I want to for just this one fileset....I'd be happy with a mostly empty Posterwall entry. Or maybe leaving it off Posterwall rather than paying ten euros.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You can use TMM for free with some limitations but not sure what they are? I managed with free TMM for the first 3 months that I had my 3000 until I got my head around it then I paid a sub.

3. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i am still having problems, i scanned all Tv series on Zidoo it didnt find missing episodes of Blood and Treasure, but now i have double entries on some series with so many episodes in 1 folder and others in another folder can they be merged

4. coyote2

coyote2 Member

A. Thanks to Netmask, I think I might understand what to do if Posterwall can't match to an external database. In this case, does one simply need to have a local NFO file?
    B. It turns out that I stupidly failed to add the TV series name (which was only on their folder) to the individual files. Once Bulk Renamed, they matched, yay!
    I'm still wondering what to do with collections of miscellaneous files (such as my extras for some TV series). My last media box had an 'ignore file' that left the contents of a folder it was in unscanned. Is there a way to get a folder ignored by Scan, or do I need to move such folders out of Source? (Unless I want to improvise and add an 'ignore' tag to each of their filenames...which I might like more than moving them out or Source.)

5. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

When adding a source you can exclude folders from scanning.

coyote2 likes this.
  6. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thank you very much, Sledge, I missed that ("Folder filtering").

I wish that was an option after one adds a source. I could make myself a list of folders to exclude, but still every time a new such folder became needed I'd need to do a new Scan. I think I'll either move them out of Source, or create one single folder in Source for all the folders to be excluded. That will also have the advantage of reminding me they're there.

7. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

Hey guys,

I had some time in the past couple of days to tinker with the posters, backdrops and stuff in HT. What I noticed and bothering me slightly is that I've set the "Change the background dinamically on the poster list" setting on and set both blur and transparency to 0%, but the backdrops still have a slight blur on them and so the images look really low res. When I click on a poster the same background is nice and sharp. Is this a bug or is it by design?

Zidoo Z9X - Beta version v6.4.06

Cheers,
    D.

8. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I know less than nothing about this, but I've been wondering: is there some way in Posterwall to view the posters? In other words, where are you clicking on them? Outside of Posterwall as files?

3DBuff likes this.
  9. coyote2

coyote2 Member

IJWTS that I'm loving the web interface's Unmatched tab. So quick/easy to copy-and-paste the moviename.moviedate into another browser tab to search for the IMDb ID to copy-and-paste back into the the web interface to match the file!

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, there is no way to see artwork in HT other than open files our use picture viewer. I've been asking for this since beginning of HT. It's available in most Kodi skins.

11. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

I can provide pictures tomorrow, but for the time being, could some one confirm if that's the case and the issue is not on my end? Once again, the dinamically changing background in either list/tile/etc... view with blur and transparency set to 0% is a little bit blurry, whereas opening the content the same picture is sharper, how it supposed to look.

Cheers,

12. coyote2

coyote2 Member

How does one delete a Posterwall entry and/or the file(s) which comprise it from inside Posterwall? I recall running across a delete file menu item, but I can't find it.

13. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

every new episode i have put on zidoo this week as been put in new folder with the same name, is it the zidoo or TMM doing this any suggestions

14. Netmask

Are you naming each ep the same, same capitalisation and spaces between words the same? I’ve found if there is an extra space or a random capitalisation I get the same problem. I just renamed 26 files from 4 seasons of a 25 year old series and at last HT found all the details and created the 4 seasons under a collection. I use a little prog called reNamer

15. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

Hi Netmask
    all episodes are named by Filebot

16. Netmask

My files are simply named, for example “Tales of the city S01E01.mkv”. On a few that have similar names to other series or movies I put the date after the title. With the latest firmware works every time.

17. RobinL

RobinL New Member

HT recognizes movie collections and groups them accordingly, even gives the option to change the collection poster picture but all movie collections are labelled "null" is there any fix for that? I could simply delete the collection, then remake and regroup manually but then I don't get the option to put a poster picture like before.

Delfanboy likes this.
  18. Delfanboy

Delfanboy New Member

I noticed that to recently! Only the naming is wrong, cuz HT recognizes the movies well and creates a collection with the right backdrops and posters.

19. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Bump please. Is there a way to delete content from within Posterwall? I see Unmatched entries have a "Delete original video file" menu item (which I assume also does what the other "Remove From Poster Wall" menu item does), but I can find no way to delete a video file for a Matched entry.

So must one delete matched files with a file manager?

20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

No, exactly the same way you use to delete an unmatched entry.

Prees and hold the OK button, or press the Popup button, on the movie to get to the menu where you can change the images, or add a movie to a category.

You clearly have not read this topic.
    The answer is on the first page, under the header

For those who want to delete a video file while being in Posterwall, here is how I do it....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    coyote2 likes this.