OUTPUT MODE Zidoo UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by MORT BERNS, Oct 11, 2021.

1. MORT BERNS

MORT BERNS New Member

"Mapping the colour buttons is dead easy"
    Absolutely correct. It was!
    Much to my delight, it is a toggle switch. Press it once, it's ON, Press it again, it' OFF.
    I gave it a try soon after I read your post.

Sparkie said he'd try to make it over some time next week. He is an absolute wizard. He got his training in the military working on Hercules aircraft. He's not afraid to tackle anything. Some years ago, I purchased an electric trike for my wife to enable her to give our Siberian Husky a good workout. I bought it second hand, and needless to say, the motor was completely buggered. Had to order a replacement motor from an out-of-state dealer who had no one near me who could install it and configure it. Sparkie came over, got on the phone to the dealer, and was talked through the whole process. I call upon him quite frequently to give me an assist. Much of his work is repairing the work that others have botched. His son works with him from time to time when he isn't busy installing solar panels. He did 41 panels on our roof about 18 months ago and electricity bills are about 30% less now. Because they are self-employed, charges can be negotiated fairly easily (particularly because I always pay cash immediately). Energy costs are very, very expensive and don't look to get any cheaper.

You've got some impressive gear. I have an Epson EH-TW9400 PROJECTOR, Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A8A Receiver, KEF speakers galore, and a custom made 20 foot screen.

My son is a member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society (https://www.smwsa.com/) and he is an extremely good customer. Matter of fact, we're getting a delivery of two bottles today.

Markswift2003 and muha like this.
  2. muha

muha Active Member

I just love this thread! Kudos to 3 of you.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I will be very happy to be still playing with media player at that age. I am just 68 years old (=rookie).
    It is a pleasure helping out. :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. MORT BERNS

MORT BERNS New Member

Thank you everyone for all your kind help. Why don't you all join my son and I with a taste of either IMG_0193.JPG or IMG_0194.JPG
    They just arrived today:)
    I've got another problem (maybe) ....
    Boot UP of UHD3000 is fairly straight forward. Takes a bit to get going, however.
    Powering OFF is a big mystery! When I confirm the command, I can never be sure that it is turning off. I confirm again and again and again ... and eventually it shuts down.
    Should I need to confirm several times ... or does it just take forever to turn off??? IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0193.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    muha and Markswift2003 like this.
  5. Nice Monkey

All my Zidoo players turn off instantly with a single press. Don't press it too long though or you get into the choice menu (Instant Off, Standby, Ask Me).

6. muha

muha Active Member

44 - I guess I am pre-school :)

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Might have to set up a separate forum for the youngsters ...

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Crikey! I'm the same age and if you are a rookie, what am I? :eek:

Just a question, cos I've never tried it but I am in the same state of not being sure what the On/Off button on my V8 remote can do with my Zidoo - do the above button presses work the same way on a Z1000 Pro? I tend to do a single press to place it in standby mode, which is the state I leave it in when not in use. If I can turn it off completely with the remote then this would save a £ or two on my energy bills! I am further confused though because there is an off/on switch at the rear and then there is a setting in the Settings Menu which I don't understand. Help too would be appreciated

9. Markswift2003

Press and hold the power button to chose the power off option you want:

Screenshot_20211013-101951.png

10. Nice Monkey

Yes, that is exactly what happens if you press power-off too long. This feature should actually be moved to quick setup options and not pop-up by a long press.

In setup there is an option for choosing what to do after power reconnect (power switched off/on or a powerline failure). I like it to come back up in standby not on.

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Nice Monkey Hmm I've not see those settings, as they make more sense to me - I'll have another look later and confirm tomorrow. If I know I can power off with the remote (ie. turning the red light on the front off) then this will be the way to go for me . If this is the result though, I'm bound to ask what is the difference between this and pressing the switch on the rear of my Ziddo?

12. Nice Monkey

Red Button Short press = Power Off, Long Press results in this menu.
    At the back switching on depends on the setting in quick setup as mentioned above.

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Nice Monkey & @Markswift2003 - got to say I'm confused. Is there a way to power down completely using the remote (as if I've turned the switch off at the rear) and then bring it alive again using the remote? With the remote all I seem to be doing is to place the unit into standby.

14. Nice Monkey

That is what a remote is for or not? Using standby an IR can power it back on. WOL also works in this mode using the APP..
    It consumes less than 0.5 W and is not to be confused with Sleep Modes.

15. Markswift2003

No - the power switch physically cuts power to the board so nothing on the board is powered so the only way to turn on again is to physically restore power.

"Standby" leaves a lot of the SOC active and keeps the OS resident in memory so it immediately returns to where it left off. This uses most power (although still an extremely small amount!)

"Power Off" still has to leave power to the IR and RS232 section (so that the box can be booted with IR or RS232 remote commands) and it also leaves the ethernet card in low power state (10 base T as opposed to 1000 base T) so that WOL can be used to switch on. This uses the least power when off but of course the OS must boot fully when switched on.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Got it now - thanks both :)

17. MORT BERNS

MORT BERNS New Member

Have I stirred up a Hornet's Nest???o_O

18. Markswift2003

It always happens ;)

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

But you love responding - not sure what we'd do without you :D

20. MORT BERNS

MORT BERNS New Member

I am enjoying this thread almost as much as I enjoy using the UHD3000 ... and the learning curve here is nowhere near as steep as learning how to use the Zidoo, even though the responses can be just as challenging. ;)

muha likes this.