Noise from right speaker when startup Eversolo DMP A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mmuetst, Mar 22, 2024.

1. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

hello forum,
    I just bought a streamer (2nd hand) Eversolo DMP A6 and am encountering the following problem.
    When I turn on the streamer, I get a lot of noise on the right channel (resembling a radio that is not tuned properly). I only have this on the streamer input. As soon as I choose a different digital input the problem goes away. As soon as I start streaming music the problem goes away.
    I have tried everything: factory reset, power off, completely disconnected from power, the problem remains. Are there more people with the same problem? I am running the latest firmware 1.2.50

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Reloading the FW might do it. A factory Reset is not really cleaning everything (as it should).

3. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

How…manual? And can this be a hardware error? (it is in only one Channel).

4. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Traditionally the system start up order would be dac first then power amps last , and the reverse when you turn everything off.
    Keith

5. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

Yes, and what can I do with this info?
    The noice is also sometimes there when I switch from other digitaal input to streaming. It’s quite loud, like I said, like a mis-tuned old FM radio. And only in one Chanel.

6. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Send it back.
    Keith

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I would be curious as well, how "Reloading the FW" should work!

I still find it hard to understand or accept, that Eversolo is not providing a full flash image for their players anywere. I have requested this form the internationan and the german support team through email several times with zero response. Nothing but ignorance.

Uploading a flash image cannot be that difficult. For the Zidoo Players there are even dedicated "How to flash your...." sections under the support website. But for Eversolo: Nothing:-(

Therefor @Nice Monkey : Any help that you can give on how to arrange a new, clean installation is highly appreciated!

8. Nice Monkey

Did not try but mostly the same FW can be reinstalled following the USB procedure. This even when downgrading is not allowed like with Eversolo.
    The why of this and neither providing an emergency full image overwrite is unknown to me.

9. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

That is only possible if you can download the firmware, and that is the problem, you can not.

10. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

May i ask you, to use your connections to Eversolo/Zidoo as a well established and experienced Beta-Team Member to communicate the need for a full flash image to the manufacturer? Uploading a flash image to the already existing supports website shoud not be that difficult...
    Thanks!!

11. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

x2

12. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I just did a "Re-installation" of the FW V. 1.2.50 per USB Update yesterday evening. But why the heck is everything still there (settings, library entries....) after the update?? Seems to me that neither a factory reset nor a re-installation of the FW cleans up all settings.

13. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

Where did you download the firmware?

14. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

15. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

I did make an interesting discovery. When I change the digital filter, the noise is present in some settings and some not:

fast roll-off (linear) = there is noise
    slow roll-off (linear) = no noise
    fast roll-off (minimum) = there is noise
    slow roll-off (minimum) = no noise
    apodizing (linear) = there is noise
    fast roll-off (hybrid) = no noise
    brick wall (linear) = no noise

this looks like a hardware problem.

16. Nice Monkey

These filters are integral part of the Sabre DAC chip itself. Never could detect an audible difference myself changing these.

17. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

18. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member

[​IMG]

Nice Monkey likes this.
  19. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Nice Monkey likes this.
  20. mmuetst

mmuetst New Member