No Auto Resolution Change to 480p/576p

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Rootdown4594, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Rootdown4594

Rootdown4594 New Member

I can manually set the resolution to 480p/576p with no problem in the quick settings.

But it seems like the auto resolution changed doesn't work for anything below 720p. Is this expected?

I have a lot of tv shows in 480/576 res and would rather output that res to my tv because it has a better upscaler than the Zidoo. Even if the frame rate doesn't match because my tv also has great frame rate conversion (Sony Bravia)

Also the resolution/frame rate button on the remote doesn't offer anything below 1080. Is there a way to add resolutions lower than 1080 to that button command?

Is there a fix for either of these?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

3. Rootdown4594

Rootdown4594 New Member

Damn. I kinda thought that was the problem. Would be nice if the resolution button at least offered available resolutions below 1080.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Resolution button is just kind of meant to be a get out of jail card if you lose picture.

5. pissteufel

pissteufel New Member

IMHO in this context Zidoo should reconsider and adjust his statement regarding original resolution output on his website because it is misleading customers:

"Z20 PRO supports switching original resolution..."*

* applies to other Zidoo media players as well

Don't you think?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024