New

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Phil Green, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

Today I took delivery of the Zidoo z9s
    Looks good so far and just added a few of the hundreds of media files I have on the server, some of the full rip 4kUHD ISOs show up as BD seems odd, will try the full folder 4kUHD later, oddly forced subs not working I guess settings issue, not tried TV series MKV's yet.
    All that said the machine is way better than Nvidia Sheild TV with Kodi as I wanted full 4k UHD and blu-ray menus on full disc rips.
    Looks like I have some tweaking to do later but so far so good.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Phil Green
    Forced subs where never supported but I saw in the latest release notes something about it, so it may have been added finally? It is one of the long lasting shortcomings. Will test and report myself when back home again.

3. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

I've been add media to see how it plays.
    4k uhd and blu-ray rips to iso or folder:
    menus work great to select extras and stuff most of the time, some don't play well and one worked well until I played then the screen went green and the system restarted.
    Poster wall
    most 4k uhd are tagged as BD some are 4kuhd
    most DVD rips to iso or folder are tagged as BD
    TV show episodes as mkv
    waste of time as most are wrong and when re-scanning to change the poster wall crashes,

installing kodi is only 1080p not 4k

thinking of returning the box.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've had the Z9S for about a month or two. Overall I really like it but as all such devices its not perfect.

The poster wall (HT2) is improving but still has limitations. I haven't worked all its quirks yet! It doesn't seem to scan the quality of the a BD or ISO when building so seems mark everything as a bluray. You can force it to show 4k or UHD by either adding UHD to the name (e.g. Gladiator_UHD.mkv) or by using the web interface (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:9528/pc/) to tick the 4k option for the movie. MKV's seem to have quality added only after they have been played! My biggest gripe is that you can't filter by both TV and Movie - only by TV.

I've not had the poster wall crash - maybe as I only maintain a fairly small library? Overall I really like Ht2 as its real time and I have found it to be pretty accurate and when wrong easy to fix.

If you want to use Kodi I suggest you get hold of the fork designed for the Zidoo boxes called ZDMC. The advantage is that by default it will use the Z9S internal player which gives you the advantage of the Kodi interface along with the Zidoo player.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-release17-6-1-x8-x9s-x10-updated.5589/

5. cappy1

cappy1 Member

6. cappy1

cappy1 Member

I’ve had the z9s for two weeks and agree completely. Along these same lines, there is no way to separate my MKV Blu-ray collection without having to go into the Filter each time. The default list is not helpful to me since it lumps 4k's, BR's and SD's together. There is an easily accessed category on the left Panel that works for 4K movies, but the adjacent Blu-ray category does not work for MKV’s (I think someone said it is for ISO’s).

In summary, we need more sorting options. Otherwise, I am very impressed with the z9s

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I will email the Zidoo team them when they are back from holiday and request better filtering. Its bizarre the filtering options they have as it flies in the face of every other movie\TV wall I've seen.

They are open to suggestions. The more that ask the more likely it will get implemented at some point.

cappy1 likes this.
  8. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

thanks for the zmbc like @blenky I will try the web interface, but what going on with the TV episodes options in (HT2) it unusable.

9. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

I installed zmbc and all looked good but the system went all choppy and nothing would play, all I got was a blank screen then a "Gallery is not responding" error so I reset the box and everything was fine.

I looked at the http://xxx.xxx.x.xx:9528/pc/movie/movie_index.html and updated films to 4k fine but what is it about putting two films under A/B as in this picture, and can I sort this. [​IMG]