New Z20pro - can’t see files inside Samba Internal Drive folder

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by David Dean, Jul 20, 2023.

1. David Dean

David Dean New Member

Old Z9X owner trying to copy movies over to the 14tb drive installed in my new shiny Z20pro.

I can see the shared folder, and then the drive with a long number - I can copy movie folders over fine and they are picked up my the media Centre , but can’t see them on my PC (or Mac).

I can see the folders on the z20 pro and within the files part of the web server.

I can see the files inside the storage folder fine.

2. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

this is a known problem. All new players are currently suffering from this

3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

And with V1.0.52 still does not work :mad:

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

v1.0.52 is a minor update that fixes a couple of issues I raised from an internal beta.

I expect a bigger release with this and some other major fixes that have been promised.

dr4go, DennisTheMenace and FrostByte like this.
  5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

And when do You expect the Big Update?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not a clue.

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Yesterday, before the 1.0.52 release, I thought no big FW was needed to fix the current problems. But if another release or two comes out like 1.0.52 then Zidoo really has more to fix.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  8. Remi Duff

Remi Duff New Member

Hello,
    Just to mention here that the SAMBA problem is solved for me :
    Format your source HDD with the exFAT file system, and all should be alright.
    Folders & Files are visible from computer (Windows 10), and available for Read/Wright operations/transfers.

David Dean likes this.
  9. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

this TIPS work with files over 4gb? I do not believe that!!

10. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

I want to return my new Zidoo Z20 Pro (unbox today) immediately, without SMB/FTP/SFTP feature that work over external HDD, Zidoo it's like a nice and ornament, totally useless and very expensive, too expensive!!

I have owned a HimediaQ10 Pro for over five years, without any problems, ftp, samba, HEVC of all types ... with zidoo we started very badly !!

Ilia Georgiev and yo3ggx like this.
  11. Remi Duff

Remi Duff New Member

Oddly, it does work for me with files under 20 Go. But it is quite slow to copy.
    I can't draw general conclusions from this, since it probably depends on each person's network configuration.
    I can't say it's an ideal situation neither... But it helps to wait for the official improvement.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  12. geebolt

geebolt Member

Waaaaay bigger than 4gb. Something like 128 pebibytes. I have several ISO's that exceed 40gb and they have no problem with exfat format.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  13. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

If U transfer from your PC over HDD trought SMB inside Zidoo share, it's ok?!?

14. geebolt

geebolt Member

I have not tried transferring anything that large over the network. I have a USB 3 HD caddy I use connected to my PC for that. I'll try something over 4gb and report back.

15. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Of course....

16. geebolt

geebolt Member

I just tried copying a 6.3gb from the Zidoo to my PC and then back. Worked just fine.

17. DennisTheMenace

hi I bought larger HDDs for my hard drive enclosure (4x14Tb). I formatted it to exfat of course. But now, like you, I can no longer transfer large files (40Gb mkv remuxes) . Copying aborts with the error message 0x8007003B.
    This is well known and you should not format large hard drives as exfat like e.g. describe here
    https://trentonjohnson.com/samba-and-exfat-issues/.

When I then formatted the hard drive as ntfs, the transfer worked perfectly.
    But of course the files are no longer visible now because of the z9x pro bug.
    It's funny that I didn't have this error message with my small 6Tb HDDs.

Just wanted to let you know that the problem of not being able to copy large files is not your fault.

18. geebolt

geebolt Member

Is it 4gb as Uto Tente said or 40gb as you mention?
    I tried >4gb which worked fine but did not try >40gb.
    I use a single 8tb drive in the internal bay.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  19. DennisTheMenace

20. David Dean

David Dean New Member

I copied across a 9ogb file on a Mac using samba no problem