new user z1000 pro - :-(

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by robinb, Dec 25, 2021.

1. robinb

robinb Member

ok, unpacked my z1000 pro this morning.
    Up and running.

However big problem when it scrapped my media servers.
    In particular the tv show identification is rubbish.

I am trying to change the names of shows its identified. (it was not even close on a lot).

I cant see where to change the name.
    It asks me to change poster first which on a couple have done.
    But cant see where the name change is after updating poster (not thats its used the new poster anyhow.

updated the firmware which was a saga (!) to latest public.

Now the menu option under film title in video wall now no longer works.
    I have removed all my tv titles from video wall as that was a disaster (using the TVDB) option.

re-scanned my 2 servers.

I have a load of films now in unidentified.

also films like dune which there are 2 (1984 / 2021) just show up as 4k and b.
    load of errors (around 30%)

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I used FileBot to rename my movie files prior to scanning in HT4. The only issue I found is that movies with comma in their names weren't matched correctly. For example, 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles,' 'Paris, Texas,' and 'Good Morning, Vietnam.'

Dune scanned correctly. My file names are Dune (1984).mkv and Dune (2021).mkv

3. robinb

robinb Member

hi, thanks

the actual file names on my server I changed.
    i tried Dune (1984) mkv and Dune (2021). mkv and that did not work
    A.I I have tried multiple combinations and that does not work (picks out a different film)

I cant edit the title in the z1000 box or get it to reselect the correct title

I have so many films it does not identify correctly.
    At this rate it will be going back to amazon.

4. AngryVirginian

What firmware are you using? Try installing the latest Beta one.

5. robinb

robinb Member

i updated to the latest public release, after that the menu option under the different titles no longer worked.

6. AngryVirginian

Not sure what to say. Mine is working better. Only other suggestion is to use the web interface to the Zidoo box. Use a web browser to browse to http://[your zidoo ip address]:9528

7. robinb

robinb Member

ok, will give it a go, but what will that do for me ?
    I can edit titles by going directly to my server

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Movie titles: exactly the same name as on TMDb, including the release date in brackets.

TV Show : no season folder structure, all the episodes from all the seasons directly in the main folder of the TV Show. No title of the episode in the name of the files: name_of_the_show (year).S01E01.

tinyMediaManager and/or Rename My TV Series 2 could help you to rename your files automatically. For the second one, I use these settings for the filename format: %N (%Y).S%SZE%EZ

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  9. robinb

robinb Member

ok, i am going in via the web interface.

problem is when i goto rematch I put in title. sometimes it gives me 10 or so titles of same name, I cant see poster to know if I am selecting the correct one.

10. AngryVirginian

Use IMDb movie number (e.g., tt123456789) for exact match. You can get that from the URL on the IMDb site.

11. robinb

robinb Member

i thought it uses TMDB data base ??

12. robinb

robinb Member

ok IMDB numbers works but it a bit slow entering it all.
    Films seem be added but then disappear at times from movie wall

for example I cant see 2001 & 2010 in the wall now.

though if a i search they are on the list

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  13. AngryVirginian

2001 and 2010 are probably now in the Space Odyssey collection.

14. robinb

robinb Member

they were not part of collection at all, however as it happened I mad a odyssey collection and put them in there, now they show up in the wall.

thanks

15. Piotr6700

Piotr6700 New Member

hi I have a Z1000pro I have a problem, it scans my movies and shows mts2 files as not matching why and how should I change the names of the movies so that it is no problem

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you give examples of movie names (folder names) it doesn't match.

17. robinb

robinb Member

ok, I have my films sorted at last.
    a high qty were misnamed and also had a lot that were put put under 1 poster, ie star wars films all appeared under 1 film poster and then put as A B C D E F etc.
    this happened with a lot of collections.
    With the help of people here and on AVforums found out how to split the films and redo.

thanks

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah the ABCD thing can be really confusing, but it's all about how you name them.

Ok sometimes it just gets it wrong for no reason you can think of, but generally, if the names are good, in my experience it gets the vast majority first time.

19. robinb

robinb Member

well in the case of star wars all had the full name, ie star war - a new hope etc etc.

I used clean up collection and unmatched them and then rematched them individually.
    maybe its a batch thing with doing so many films ?

anyhow now have it sorted, spent time going through every collection (i have just over 500 films so took time)

20. Piotr6700

Piotr6700 New Member

ok hi cant see Angels&Demons Bluray and or 00015.mts2, 00084mts2 this is many