New firmware v2.3.10 version for ZIDOO Z10 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by pavlin67, Jan 10, 2020.

1. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@catorcio

I suspected something like that. With the new firmware and some new functions like Zoom the settings will not be the same then before. At this point you have a mixture of new firmware, old settings and an incomplete Android system.

I recomend you to do a clean and fresh new install. Install the newest official Non-Beta-firmware (i think it was 1.7.8), directly update by usb to the new firmware 2.3.1, then install the available GApps and last ZDMC.

Another way could be you go back to factory settings, install the GApps-Installer, then install the GApps, the reboot,ZDMC ...

In other boards users made the experience that the GApps are needed to have a properly working Android system. Have you never asked yourself why Zidoo delivers them?

2. catorcio

catorcio Member

every time I update the firmware do I have to do this procedure?

3. dron173

dron173 New Member

Zoom works incorrect on combination Z10+Sony bravia kdl-40w705c.
    After i select any zoom option, other aspect ratio options start work incorrect. I need to restart movie to fix aspect ratio.
    I did full Z10 reset, flashed 1.7.8 firmware and updated it on 2.3.10. Nothing fixed the problem.

4. catorcio

catorcio Member

I went back to the factory settings, I installed GApps-Installer, installed GApps, ZDMC but it got worse, now the local player does not see me the films contained in the internal HDD.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

With previous firmwares, we could manually add a movie to any existing collection in HT2.0. Not anymore... That was very useful to customize a collection.

Now, If the movie is not already in the collection of TMDB, the only option that y0u have is "new collection".

PS: Still waiting a landscape mode for the iPad app of Zidoo Controller

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  6. dron173

dron173 New Member

Zidoo, Home theater needs fix in Zoom function. Some users have problems with it. It doesn't work correctly.

7. catorcio

catorcio Member

Zidoo, Home Theater in the Zoom function is unusable, lengthens the image and makes everything oval or too large, I use ZDMC or MX Player at least the zoom function works well.

dron173 likes this.
  8. dron173

dron173 New Member

Same problems...

9. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Too bad, but the usb3 problem has not been solved as announced and is still there. I experienced some freezes for example in 720 or 1080p mkv's, played from an external hdd bay with own power supply.

10. catorcio

catorcio Member

Strange, I have never had blocks with 720 or 1080p MKV using HDD connected via usb3.

11. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Block? No, the system freezes and sometimes reboot. So strange that Zidoo tried to fix it. And not as strange as your poor picture quality ... ;)

12. catorcio

catorcio Member

it's strange that it never happened to me!

13. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

Any other experiences regarding the USB 3.0 HDD random disconnect problem and this firmware? Solved, or not?

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In my case, the USB 3.0 ports seem to work better with the last firmware (no random freeze as I used to have with the previous firmwares), for now. I will wait a couple of weeks to be sure.

I use a WD My passport (4TB) and a Samsung T5 (1TB SSD). I also have another WD My Passport of 1TB that I need to try with this firmware.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  15. kestasm

kestasm New Member

It would be good to make it possible to delete, copy, move or rename files / folders within the iPhone app ZidooController via the media center

16. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

It is shameful that a company like Zidoo is not able to fix a ubb3 problem that exists since round about one year. And they want to sell high price players? Unbelievable ...

17. dron173

dron173 New Member

I bought Z10 in February 2019. Year passed. Nothing changes, new firmware = new bugs, not all old bugs are fixed, no comments from Zidoo support team...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  18. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

regarding picture quality... seems like hdmi color space is buggy.
    on projector sony hw45es (1080P) i set limited (16-235)
    on zidoo : AUTO - too dark picture,. bad
    16-235 washed out colors. bad
    0-255 washed out colors.bad
    BUT... after some changes betwen 0 and 16 , sudently 16-235 starts to display good deep colors.. so hdmi hanshake bug ?

19. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Very strange discovery. Instead using the bungle Kodi-Clone ZDMC i used the original Kodi 18.5 with xbmcwrapper. And surprise, since the change no more freezes ocur. Maybe ZDMC was the malefactor or at least part of the issue. I will further test it.

@zidoo

Hope you read this!

20. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

yes thats realy strange. But also i dont installed Zdmc.
    also other video player fixes coax spdif sound drops. native player has some internal problems regarding sound processing

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020