New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X10 released

Discussion in 'X10 Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 17, 2019.

1. 6gex

6gex New Member

Yes

2. rik81h

rik81h New Member

This firmware update has made my X10 completely useless. The player is doing some very random things now, sometimes a file just won't play, other times it'll play for a few seconds to a minute odd then suddenly cease to a black screen, other times video will completely bork and i'll get audio from another file then it'll play a completely different file all together. What is going on?

I tried to reinstall it, same thing.

Also OTA is not an option for me, is this correct?

3. rik81h

rik81h New Member

Re-flashed and upgraded to 2.1.22 and all is fine now. PIA

4. Rico

Rico New Member

For me no access from my PC with update.
    OPENWRT problem >> no access

But the bug weather and Home Teather are solved

5. Akeela

Akeela New Member

Hi, the new firmware kills my network speed from PC to X10( it was 110 - 120 MB/sec and now 12-15 MB/sec).

6. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Try to with a factory reset and install it again. Usually works.

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

....i FULLY Agree with hasomaso´s Point!!
    @Team Zidoo: Please provide ALL FW Updates as Full Image, at least the stable FW´s!!!

8. kvasovnm

kvasovnm New Member

After update I cannot open OpenWRT web interface. It says: this site can’t be reached

9. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Same for me, OpenWRT doesn't work anymore, I have the following error:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:191: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section 'main'
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:191: in function 'dispatch'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:177: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:176>

This is my /etc/config/luci file:

config core 'main'
    option lang 'auto'
    option resourcebase '/luci-static/resources'
    option mediaurlbase '/luci-static/material'

config extern 'flash_keep'
    option uci '/etc/config/'
    option dropbear '/etc/dropbear/'
    option openvpn '/etc/openvpn/'
    option passwd '/etc/passwd'
    option opkg '/etc/opkg.conf'
    option firewall '/etc/firewall.user'
    option uploads '/lib/uci/upload/'

config internal 'languages'
    option ca 'Catal.. (Catalan)'
    option cs '..e..tina (Czech)'
    option de 'Deutsch (German)'
    option el '................ (Greek)'
    option en 'English'
    option es 'Espa..ol (Spanish)'
    option fr 'Fran..ais (French)'
    option he '................ (Hebrew)'
    option hu 'Magyar (Hungarian)'
    option it 'Italiano (Italian)'
    option ja '......... (Japanese)'
    option ms 'Bahasa Melayu (Malay)'
    option no 'Norsk (Norwegian)'
    option pl 'Polski (Polish)'
    option pt 'Portugu..s (Portuguese)'
    option pt_br 'Portugu..s do Brasil (Brazialian Portuguese)'
    option ro 'Rom..n.. (Romanian)'
    option ru '.............. (Russi

Appears to end abruptly.

I can't revert to 2.1.20 and I wouldn't want a factory reset and loose all settings.
    What can we do? Is there a repair version in the works or could I get a copy of this file??

10. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

So I edited the luci file by hand trying to at least allign the format, rebooted and now the file is empty.
    Any ideea anyone?

11. TEAfest

TEAfest Member

Thanks for the firmware, but is it true when you make a full img image? I had problems with the system because of my crooked hands (I admit it), and the only way was to re-flash the system, which was not turned on. It was necessary to download a very old version of the firmware of the img file, and only then update on the OTA. This is not good.

12. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Can anybody paste a /etc/config/luci file? Maybe I can start Openwrt with it.
    Thank you.

13. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Resolved. If anybody needs it: copied /rom/etc/config/luci to /etc/config/luci.
    All my services were configured on sda1, now my HDD is mounted as UUID. I modified /etc/config/fstab with sda1 as mounting point but in vain. It worked after a block umount / block mount, but no matter what I tried, my /etc/config/fstab was always replaced after a reboot or a "/etc/init.d/fstab restart" with the UUID instead of sda1.
    I ended up creating a symlink from UUID to sda1, to avoid reconfiguring my services, even if they were also damaged after update and I had to reconfigure anyway.

Just for curiosity, if anybody knows who is rewriting /etc/config/fstab, I'd be interested.

Den likes this.
  14. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Playback seems to be unstable now.

I played a 3D blu-ray ISO (frame-packed) and it played fantastic - no stutters finally - but the picture got garbled/heavily pixellated for a few seconds part-way through the film.

Last week I played a 1080p remux and it also played great with no stutters - except for one garbled bit for a few seconds. Playing it back in the same spot was fine so it's not the file.

This didn't happen before the latest update.

It's fantastic though that they finally fixed stuttering on 23.976. I haven't tested 24.000 files yet - do those also play stutter free now?

15. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Also since the update I've been having trouble with loud audio pops during mkv playback (audio is DTS-HDMA). Not every file has the pops. It was never a problem before. I gave up on one film due to the constant audio pops.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  16. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Another new problem. Today I tried playing a remux (mkv) and the audio went way out of sync. I tried the file on my PC and also directly playing plugged into my UHD TV using LG's built-in player and the sync was fine. I rebooted the Zidoo and the file still plays out of sync.

Since the update this player has had nothing but problems. Sure the 23.976 stuttering is gone. But instead it's totally unstable.

And there seems to be nobody in here any more discussing these issues.

I guess I need to just write this player off. It's unusable at this point.

17. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Try a factory reset and install it again. Sometimes it solves some problems in the android boxes.

18. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

It hasn't been that bad for me but this player has been consistently the most buggy player I've owned though I really like the hardware design I highly doubt I would buy another one of their units.

19. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I had this problem playing back a full disc iso from my NAS box. I thought was my network, oh well here we go again.

Update: wrong thread i own a x9s

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  20. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I did a full system reset and restore and the player is still unusable at this point, ever since the latest firmware. It has serious audio issues now. I get audio dropouts throughout the film randomly. This never happened before the latest update.