New firmware v2.0.25 version for ZIDOO X10 release

Discussion in 'X10 Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 25, 2018.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I still haven't watched a full movie to see if there are any improvements in the framerates. What I have noticed with v2.0.25:

- Many menus continue to not work. In fact, the majority of menus in both ISO and BDVM folder structure do not work. I just get a black screen. I have to select "play" to directly play the main file, and then pull up the list of titles and blindly find what I'm looking for. Lame. One disc I tried, the documentary is longer than the feature film, so the doc is what the player played by default. I then had to pull up the list of titles to find the main film by looking at running time. Forget finding which extra is which. You just have to play each one and see what they are. Also, the titles lists I've looked at so far, everything is repeated in the list twice, which adds to the confusion.

- I've mentioned this before back in the last firmware thread, but I'll say it again since it hasn't improved: playing blu-ray extras is a problem with this player. I have seen it happen many, many times now, including the newest firmware - the main film plays smoothly, but if you select an extra, either through the menu if the menu actually works, or through the title list option, often the extras freeze up or stutter severely - totally unwatchable. Sometimes pausing it and hitting play fixes it and it plays normal. Other times it fixes itself after a couple minutes. Sometimes it doesn't fix itself at all. It may be an issue where the extras frame rate is different than the main feature's frame rate, like a blu-ray with 23.976 for the film but 25.000 or 29.970 for extras, as an example. It's very annoying and makes playing some extras impossible.

These two issues combined make playing blu-rays an experience in frustration. I would not even say that this player supports blu-rays, since it's totally hit or miss whether a given ISO or blu-ray folder will actually play without issues.

- Also, DVD/SD 4:3 playback has not been fixed. PAL and NTSC 4:3 still plays stretched or squished as I explained in detail in previous threads. This also affects 4:3 on blu-rays, when the 4:3 content is not in the 1080p format. I watched a blu-ray with a 4:3 short feature, and since it was an extra, it was not 1080p, just SD PAL 4:3, like DVD, and it played with the aspect ratio squished in. There were black bars, but they were not correctly sized. Zidoo, are you ever going to fix this??

- I haven't looked into banding yet. I'm betting it hasn't been improved.

There are far too few firmware updates.
    Considering all the issues, we should be getting many more updates with fixes coming out as they are figured out, not making us wait months in-between updates. And I'm sick of seeing so much attention going to the stupid poster wall when basic playback is so problematic.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Prometheus likes this.
  2. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

- When playing a blu-ray, the number buttons on the remote do not take me to a percentage of the film. Why not? They do when playing single files.

- When playing a blu-ray, hitting the menu button on the remote and then selecting "top menu" doesn't bring up the main menu of a disc, even if that menu works when you first play the disc. Hitting "pop-up menu" sometimes brings up the pop-up menu.

3. Tommy Henriksson

Tommy Henriksson New Member

4. Tommy Henriksson

Tommy Henriksson New Member

Totaly agree with ursiel here, had my x10 for about 6-7 months now and still having issues that I took for granted would be fixed a long time ago. I was very pleased with the x10 the first months,but now, not so much. And thats because the lack of firmware updates. Suppose I have to look for other alternatives than Zidoo.

5. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

I've reported about BD menu for a long time and Zidoo team still ignore till now.