New firmware v2.0.25 version for ZIDOO X10 release

Discussion in 'X10 Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 25, 2018.

1. Matdee

Matdee New Member

I did a complete factory Reset...For me it worked

domifer likes this.
  2. domifer

domifer Member

Wow, but that is a big deal, I have to recalibrate all the 8 speakers, define the entries etc. Right now I am updating the firmware of the X10 once again, if this doesn't help I my have to try the factory reset of the AVR ... :( Thanks for the tip!

3. Matdee

Matdee New Member

Yes i know...lot of work...i hope it helps without a Reset.

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

You are right.
    We're still trying to solved it.

5. domifer

domifer Member

I solved it! I think the problem is that the Android multimedia volume was 0. It seems that for stereo output (MP3, Flac, etc) it uses the android native sound output. Either that or reinstalling firmware 2.0.25 solved it.
    Anyway I still have the issue of the display clock gets stuck after playing a song, it remains showing the amount of time instead of the real time.

6. nnay07

nnay07 Member

Similar issue here. Music player says it reproduces the file but no sound on output:
    Impossible to get a sound on my 1080p TV (no HD sound capable) through HDMI and no sound either on my Lexicon receiver through the optical audio link.
    I can’t either add sources in the music player.

7. nnay07

nnay07 Member

Where do you set the android volume?
    In my case films play well but no sound on music. Is Android volume affecting only one?

8. domifer

domifer Member

Just press volume up + on the remote control. It is the native sound of the Android OS. For some reason upgrading to 2.0.25 turned the volume to zero , after I increased it to the maximum my sound files started to sound again.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  9. domifer

domifer Member

Can anyone share if they have issues with the time (clock) display after playing a music file? As I wrote earlier when I step out of the music player app, it still shows the last played song time length instead of switching back to the clock time. The solution is to go back again to the music player and step out without playing any music, but this shouldn't be the normal behavior.

10. nnay07

nnay07 Member

That did the trick! Brilliant!! Hundreds of thanks and hugs and kisses..!

domifer likes this.
  11. nnay07

nnay07 Member

Android volume controls the music audio level but not the films audio level. Bug?

12. domifer

domifer Member

You are welcome ! ;)

13. sofand

sofand New Member

maybe this helps: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/cant-connect-my-mac-via-smb.3996/

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

All Android media players seem to have this strange (and undesired) habit. Even in HDMI RAW mode sound from music players is processed by Android instead of being forwarded untouched. I hope the new Music Player 3.0 will change this behavior into direct RAW output (for quality reasons) using its own drivers.

How to populate the HDD´s attached is mainly a matter of personal preference. Using SMB to an Internal HDD or USB3 HDD is fast enough. Tried all methods, now back to HDD swapping using Docking Stations (all with live quick loading and eject).

Martin Wiszczor and domifer like this.
  15. Илья

Илья New Member

Не работает меню навигации BluRay дисков с видеоконцертами. Раньше все работало.

16. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Hi guys it's just report that The Incredibles (2004) also mutes the sound a few seconds when you are watching the movie. It's something similar to what happened with Coco (2017).

17. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

I waited a week to install this as I didn't expect BD menu issues to be addressed, thus is the case, no change good or bad (so far) on features I use, I'm on the cusp of looking for another player but lacking disposable funds I figure I can juggle this & the PCH-C200 for the myriad of non-playable, non 4k BDs at least for the time being.

18. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

It would be great to mark movies as "viewed" in the HT 2.0. At the moment it only happens when you play each film even if not until the end.

There's also the Bluetooth "always on" that doesn't turns off.

19. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

What does this mean in the list of fixes:

1. The frame rate switching function is synchronized with the normal playback mode

Also, can anyone verify that this now correctly plays 23.976/24.000 without frame issues, in all resolutions/color modes (1080p, 2160p, 10bit, 12bit, 422, 444, etc.):

7. Optimization of small offset of 23.976 frame rate in some resolution and color depth modes

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  20. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Installed 2.0.25. Here's my initial thoughts (haven't watched a full movie yet):

- When clicking on a blu-ray ISO, it pops up:

"This file may be a bluray image file,Please choose operation to be performed."

This looks sloppy. I mentioned this previously. It should read (note the dash in "blu-ray", and the period and space instead of a comma and no space):

"This file may be a blu-ray image file. Please choose operation to be performed."

- Front display panel > Brightness setting

- Still doesn't remember "close" setting (which should read "off". I am sooo sick and tired of having to go into this setting every time I reboot the player to switch to "light" and then back to "close" again to turn off the screen. How hard is it to make this remember my settings between boot?

Why isn't there an option like this: >> "Turn off front display when playing video."

That would solve the problem. I don't mind the front display. I like it. But where it is on my shelf, the front panel is a distraction when watching movies, so I want it to remain off when I play movies. Since it doesn't remember my setting, I have to change it every time I boot.

- Blu-ray menus that previously didn't work still don't work, so no improvement with menu support that I can see so far.