New firmware v1.4.12 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

True but one day soon your tv screen will fail they all do eventually ......
    And you will be forced to upgrade as such and most screens are 4K now .
    And itching to see what 4K looks like

But your old hdmi 1.4 box wont kick it .

I wont purchase another Android box now unless it has Dolby Vision certifcated etc

2. Lecoq

Lecoq New Member

Thx Zidoo Team :D:D:D

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Lecoq now that would almost double the price of the X10 and thats just for the sticker on the box

Dolby Vision is all thats req but sadly on the newer boxes ......?
    Most new Blu ray 4K players are now supporting Dolby vision including the new LG 4k player

4. [QUOTE = "DolbyVision, post: 28471, membro: 12567"] Boa atualização, Zidoo. Todos os problemas de cores de 1.4.8 para o meu LG Oled desapareceram. A imagem agora parece boa nas configurações padrão.
    Mas ainda há um problema com a comutação 1080p / 2060, descrito em http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/switch-between-1080p-and-4k-resolution.5467
    Você pode consertar isso? Isso é meio irritante para mim.

E também na configuração automática de HDMI (1080p) A interface Zidoo parece brilhante e agradável, mas na configuração de 2060p, a interface está acesa, não tão brilhante e bonita. Parece estranho para mim. Mas não é importante para mim enquanto os vídeos parecem bons. [/ QUOTE]
    This problem really bothers

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

We are a positive team with 40% R&D members, making for the most professional and impressive R&D Team for STB Manufacturers in CHINA. More than 60 R&D engineers are going to serve you with 8 years of industry R&D experience, great passion and unique creativity at any time. We focus on R & D with a new generation of Smart Consumer Electronics and Technical Terminal. We are dedicated to designing and manufacturing electronics products for Smart OTT and Smart Android TV BOX field. Also, we are specialized in industrial control equipment, Intelligence education interactive devices and digital signage fields.

Well after almost 1 year 60 engineers are not able to show internal srt utf8 subtiltles the right way, this should be core business, not to mention all other problems(for example deep color is gone, sd card cannot be format as internal)..... its almost not to believe.
    Now we have to wait for another 3 months for a new fw with more flaws then before. This box is like a episode of comedy capers.

funkybudda, nikos_a and boblo like this.
  6. slan

slan New Member

I have trouble with connecting a bluetooth mouse: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600. I can see it, but not connect. With bluetooth remote from Amazon fire TV stick i can see it, if the remote is very near to Zidoo X9s, connect is impossible. With the PC and Bluetooth 3.0 i haven't troubles.
    Have anyone the same?

7. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

If you're looking for another alternative take a look at the Vero 4K. https://osmc.tv/vero/ They developer is working on adding 3D frame packing support. I like that its a minimal OS like LibreElec. No Android horse crap...just a pure Kodi media player.

slan likes this.
  8. Gwadalolo

Gwadalolo New Member

If you read between the lines, they focus on r&d and "new" stuff. They like to have fun with technos (openwrt, passthrough, realtek, HDMI IN...), maybe not so much to fix issues that come when you don't stick to the standard or usual stuff. And they're probably not all 60 engineers working on android box and x9s.
    I'm not trying to defend zidoo at all costs (and I'm not denying others' issues of course). But it's easy from such forum to think that the device is crap, as for sure most people provide feedback on problems they have. Personally I had no issue with this update or previous one, in my context of use.

9. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Auto Aspect ratio doesn't work with Zidoo player. Can't play 2.35:1 movies
    This f/w is NOT recommended

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have you connected antennas? At least (not checked by me) the one near power switch?

11. cool_cat

cool_cat New Member

Hi. Is it possible to install/come back to an old firmware version? Thank you.

12. slan

slan New Member

Yes, the two antennas were connected and screwed. WiFi was also weak, only 2 channels of 24 found. I have done firmware downgrade and used the antennas from my former Zidoo x9s (died after firmware flash) and now it works again. WiFi finds about 8-10 transmitter, Bluetooth remote works again, I had to block the Internet access via router, otherwise X9s reacts quite sluggishly.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

cool_cat
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/DAIU7VLDRfFKKmVViAFMcQ==/guide_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=.html
    Search into forum the nearest oldest IMG, flash it, the do offline upgrade, dowload OTA you want and use this procedure https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/7kv1voas1D1KKmVViAFMcQ==/guide_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=.html

slan
    So now is OK (enough)? Better then nothing...
    Anyway this behaviour (sluggish if can access internet) is strange. Look like a DDOS to your X9S, that seem a nonsense.

14. Roger Kao

Roger Kao New Member

Hi Zidoo Team,

1. I just tested v.1.4.12 firmware, and found it that the reservation issue is still not solved yet. For example, I add 5 min-length reservation record at 15:15 15:25 15:35 15:45 and 15:55, in the end the reservation are executed correctly at only 15:15, 15:25, and 15:55. There are missing 2 reservation, and this issue has been existed since v.1.3.0. Please help to fix it.

2. When HDMI In is recording, in the window of HDMI In there are green frames appeared sometimes. And if I check the file recorder by ZDMC, there will be a delay and drop frame at the same time stamp when green frame appeared. This is issue has been existed since v.1.4.6, to avoid this issue, I need to roll back to v.1.4.4. Please also fix this since you seem to release the final version.

Thanks a lot,
    Best regards,
    Roger Kao.

15. slan

slan New Member

So I have all devices with Internet access, except Zidoo X9s, switched off and the router reboots. Then I checked all incoming and outgoing connections in the router. It catches connections to Google, Amazon, Chinese companies and companies from New York. When I switch off Zidoo X9s, connect the PC with Internet and restart the router, i have connections to the 3 IP's, one of which was from Microsoft, the other from the antivirus program. On the Zidoo I have only installed software from google play store, except a modified by me version of SPMC(tested on virustotal.com, it is clean).

Attached Files:

16. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

It looks nice, modern design but:
    1. It's expensive
    2. No USB3.0 ports.

17. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Adding to Vero 4K recommendation. Not cheap, but still, about the same price as an X9S; it's also on sale fairly often.

It also has a great remote with play/pause and a REAL STOP BUTTON! Support is top notch. The primary developer responds to Q&A on the online forum with remarkable consistency and timeliness. OTA update provided every month without fail. And pretty much everything actually works; if it doesn't, chances are it'll be fixed in under a month. Once 3D MVC support is implemented, you'll probably see my X8 on eBay. Don't get me wrong - I've had my Zidoo for a year and I think it's great for what it is, I feel like I got my money's worth, given the alternatives. But I use it only for 3D, which has always been great. But too many issues with normal operation to make it my "daily driver". There's nothing better about it that the Vero except 3D. I'm sure there are other features that other people may like, e.g. ability to record from HDMI and so on, but I just want a media player that plays everything.

The Vero is not Android, of course, but for me this is a plus. You can run a SMB server out of the box, so I can back it up and edit Kodi config files remotely. SSH access, if you like hacking it's awesome.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  18. AlexNg

AlexNg New Member

update 1412 forware

HDMI out ---> Amp no sound

but HDMI out ---> TV sound is normal , can correct

19. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

HDMI audio to Amp works fine. What is your setup?

20. avi

avi New Member

trying to update directly fromthe unit - did't work - i will be happy for some advice
    thank you

Attached Files: