New firmware v1.1.70 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jun 22, 2023.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Changelogs:
    Control APP(Android version: v1.10.76 IOS version: v1.0.53)
    1. Added playback details display theme settings
    2. Added more sorting modes for the album
    3. Added album year display for album details
    4. The play queue adds the edit list function
    5. The play queue adds the function of adding to the playlist (effective when the number of tracks is less than 200)
    6. Optimized the album track collection function
    7. Optimized the problem that the same screen cannot be connected occasionally
    8. Optimized the reconnection function on the same screen
    9. The track list increases the track duration display
    10. Optimized the function of editing device name
    11. Optimized the problem that the music service cannot obtain data occasionally
    12. Optimized the problem of incomplete display of files in the music library list (Android only)

system
    1. Optimized the problem that Apple Music occasionally stops playing
    2. Optimized the problem that the VU meter does not move after some apps switch tracks
    3. Optimized the playback of FLAC 32bit tracks
    4. Optimized the problem that the volume cannot be adjusted when individual APPs output through the optical fiber
    5. Added the function of editing tracks in the play queue
    6. Added the function of sorting the tracks in the play queue according to the list
    7. Optimized the problem that the album cover display in the playback details interface was wrong after exiting the mobile screen projection
    8. Added the function of sliding left and right to switch themes in the playback details interface
    9. Added playback details interface to display album information
    9. Optimized the problem that the artist cannot be obtained from the CUE file
    10. Added the function of playing CUE files in the file manager
    11. Added the function of clearing the play queue
    12. Added the year display on the album details interface
    13. Added more sorting modes in the album list interface
    14. Optimized the problem that the display of the interface for switching input sources in the playback details interface is incorrect
    15. Optimized track information acquisition
    16. Added the theme setting of the playback details interface in the settings
    17. Optimized the playlist sorting function
    18. Optimized the Airplay function
    19. The play queue adds the function of adding to the playlist (effective when the number of tracks is less than 200)
    20. The track list increases the track duration display
    21. Optimized the problem that when CD Ripper converts to WAV format, no ID3 information is written
    22. Add sorting function in music library device
    23. Added some TCP control instructions (http://music.eversolo.com/dmp/instruction/Eversolo_DMP-A6_TCP_en_v1.0.pdf)
    24. Optimized the problem of incomplete data acquisition from the network disk
    25. Added Dropbox network disk function (BETA)
    27. Fixed some bugs.

Check the online update.

Online push will be carried out in stages but for some one want try it first can download it below:

DMP-A6
    v1.1.70
    https://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.1.70/DMP-A6_R_v1.1.70_202306211805_ota-package.zip
    MD5: C2284B6263EAF506D2714D614A8E5FAD

Boxa, Spizz, Bkido and 6 others like this.
  2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

3. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Speedy update as usual.

4. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Excellent work. Big thanks to all the team involved in this :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  5. MultiStream

MultiStream New Member

Just done it , thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Giving it a GO.

7. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Have just installed this OTA.

Many thanks to the devs and the rest of the Eversolo team for their efforts with another major set of updates.

bob and Desmodromic like this.
  8. ammar11

That was quick, just got home ftom work, turned on the A6 and already asking to update via OTA.

upload_2023-6-22_16-31-50.png

A different experience than what I had with the Z9X where I almost never got to update via OTA, 95% was via USB. Simply means the dedication of the Zidoo team getting better and better.

9. muslhead

muslhead Member

Excellent
    Thanks for the continued push to improve the device

10. ammar11

Hi @mirror , after updating to v1.1.70, using the controller app I got strange artefact at the bottom of the screen in Cast mode, like tiny pixelations. I don’t see it on the screen of the A6 itself so it could be just the app. Not my phone because I don’t see it when I turn of Cast or any other app or anywhere else. I’m using an iPhone.

upload_2023-6-22_16-43-15.jpeg

11. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It also existed in previous versions, occasionally. Just exit and re-enter CAST. Due to the use of IOS hard decoding has some defects, and Android does not have this problem. we plan to use FFMPEG for decoding on IOS.

ammar11 likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

Please make the actions on ICON's consistent. The icon may indicate the current mode but also the next mode. Good example just play a SACD with 2&6 CH. The top right will show 2 icons one 5.1 (playing mode) and two VU (next mode you will get pressing it). If that isn't confusing?

Added to my list of reported problems:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/review-and-positioning-dmp-a6-streamer-early-draft.95817/
    A comment on this list would be appreciated. A simple confirmed per item will do already.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  13. ammar11

I see, thanks @mirror . And you’re already looking to fix it, you never cease to impress me. Wonderful experience.

14. Nice Monkey

10. Added the function of playing CUE files in the file manager

Not working (Format not supported) using Eversolo Controller with my setup trying to play a DTS-CD (which all have CUE sheets). Playing the WAV the CUE sheet info is used correctly for the tracklist. Using the Front Panel it works (but filetype is still not recognized).

15. ammar11

I found that I have to kill and start the controller app again to make everything works, perhaps it need to resync with both the A6 and the app being new.

16. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Updated but had same issue with last firmware. The controller App on my ipad is unusable, laggy slow and unresponsive now as crashed displaying "connection failed,please check media player"
    My wifi is still connected.

In fact the whole unit as crashed had to pull the plug. :(

when i just use the browser on the ipad its speedy but if i use cast its a waste of time.

17. Noerjew

Noerjew Member

Great work! Android app needs still some work though!

Attached Files:

18. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Minor flaws of the new FW 1.1.70 that I discovered (see screenshots):

01. In the new version of the Android application, the track information is listed in 2 channels instead of 5.1 surround sound (SACD Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La). Also, I'd like info on the bit depth :)

02. In the playlist - Play Queue, the name of the artist is almost not visible at all. It is visible for the DMP-A6 playback queue :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    Spizz likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

My MP3 collection albums (1000+ tracks) refuse to load. It jumps back immediately when trying to open folders (Android Eversolo Controller APP).
    On the front panel it works (but extremely slow as reported before).

20. Arnd Schmidt

Arnd Schmidt New Member

Dear Eversolo support team, I would like to express my joy and admiration for your work. In the course of my life I have stumbled across a large number of devices (of course not just hi-fi) that either did not have the product properties advertised from the start (and were never fixed!) or where there were smaller updates at some point in the annual rhythm. What you are doing here is insane! An update every week, wherever the wishes of the community are taken into account, is really great cinema. Thanks for that and keep it up.