New firmware v1.1.26 for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Sep 10, 2016.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Model: ZIDOO_X9S
    Version:v1.1.26
    ChangeLog:

Fixed:
    1,Some 4k vp9 videos show no picture when playback.
    2,ANR problem occasionally happens when playback.
    3,Connection failed when there are special characters in SSID of WIFI.
    4,TV get no signal when deep color switched to 10bit or 12bit.
    5,Time of chapters are inaccuracy in some BD movies.
    6,Picture flutter when there are some special video signals in HDMI IN stream.
    7,Low probability of ANR problem when recording via HDMI in.

Optimize:
    1,Compatibility of HDR movie improved
    2,Weather app optimized.
    3,Filemanager optimized.
    4,user guide app optimized.

App upgrade:
    Native player:
    1,Add the search capability for download the subtitle.
    2,Adjust the position of the subtitle.
    3,Allow to change the character encoding of subtitle.
    4,Set the default aspect ratio as "fit"-original.
    5,Allow to clean up the downloaded subtitles.

HDMI IN app:
    1,Restart the stream server if the network reconnected.
    2,Give a hint if record failed.
    3,Stop record when only 100M storage left.

Full_OTA_Package:
    Amazon Mirror:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X9S/OTA/ZIDOO_X9S_OTA_v1.1.26.zip
    Mediafire Mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/falnn8x3plmgmsm/ZIDOO_X9S_OTA_v1.1.26.zip

MD5 :609b43bbb57703f12c4b2ef1e0264b3f
    How to upgrade: http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/7kv1voas1D1KKmVViAFMcQ==/guide_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=/faq_page/9nCdOWqz+dw=.html

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    cyber7 likes this.
  2. tienlequoc

tienlequoc Member

2 fast and 2 furious... :D

cyber7 likes this.
  3. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Thank you for all of your feedback and help in making ZIDOO X9S the greater Android Box.

cyber7 and tienlequoc like this.
  4. Lony

Lony Active Member

Thanks to Zidoo and his personal for a good Job:)

Go Baby Go:D

cyber7 likes this.
  5. papirus

papirus Member

Hello Freeroc,

ı have said that : " The subtitles are on too high on the screen " This problem has been solved but the space between two lines of subtitle is too much. This space should be narrower.You can take the KODI subtitles as an example which can be seen on attached picture.

KODI Subtitles Example :

KODI Subtitle Setting.jpg

The new issues :

Home Theatre is not working anymore after the firmware update.

Best Regards ,

Papirus

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    tienlequoc likes this.
  6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't know if this is the right thread to report issues, but in the meanwhile:
    I received my X9S with FW 1.1.20.
    Decided to test it without registering it on Google, and so not isnatlling any app, to keep it as clean as possible.
    Connected to my WiFi, all good.
    Added my PC share to both ZDMC and Explorer, added also my UMS UPnP server to ZDMC, and tested playing some videos, mainly SD resolution, but also one FHD, no problem with both, smooth playing, no sync error, no stuttering.
    Then, found new FW release 1.1.26, and done an upgrade.
    After reboot WiFi not reconnected. Forced connection manually, then connected ok.
    Played again some video (now all SD resolution, so absolutely not critical) in the same way, but now ZDMC internal player (DVDPlayer) becomes hiccupping, on both video and audio.
    Never seen similar behaviour on X6 Pro, with any FW Ive tested!
    Explorer player (ZidooPlayer) instead is perfect, both if used through Explorer or ZDMC.
    Very strange!
    Today I've done a Factory reset, first play with ZDMC was OK, next instead again hiccupping.
    Nothing is changed.

Of course I can't downgrade to any previous FW to check if this problem disappear or not, because no FW link is available more then 1.1.26.

Any other has similar problem?
    How can I help to debug?

7. PacoRabanne

No one can confirm my issue?
    No advices?
    Neither a comment?

Should I open a new thread? I dont' think so, I see many unaswered thread...

Note: still ZidooPlayer is fine, also used as external player in ZDMC.
    Maybe I'll do a test with SPMC and/or Kodi.
    Advices about?

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

hi,Since Chinese traditional festival----amid-Autumn Day, we are under holiday now.

We will give you feedback next working days.

PacoRabanne likes this.
  9. PacoRabanne

Thanks!

10. spring

spring Guest

@PacoRabanne
    Hi:
    i think this is the network problem. because the cache size of the nativeplayer and the zdmc are different.
    could you do some tests for me?
    1, checke the network problem
    please connect it with the ethernet, play it with zdmc, to check it has hiccupping?
    2, if no hiccupping problem with the ethernet, check your wifi channel, you can use the wifi analysis app to check if it have many router on this channel.
    3, check the wifi strength on the X9S.

11. PacoRabanne

spring, thanks so much!
    I've just done the most significant test, i.e. WiFi performances.
    Installed IPERF3 on both PC (official Iperf 3.1.3 ) and X9S (Magic Iperf), configured X9S as server, launched a TCP test with 40 concurrent sessions (to try maximum stress), speed was 230 Mbits/sec with PC as sender, 225 Mbits/sec with PC as receiver.
    Repeated the same in UDP, with 810 Mbits/sec banwidth from PC to X9S, and 170 Mbits/sec bandwidth from X9S to PC.
    Unfortunately I can't test using Ethernet, too far for a cable in my home (but strangely near for WiFi).
    Too much complicated to move all near the router...

On the other hand:
    1. X9S WiFi link speed, as shown by Wifi Router (Fritz!Box 7490) is 390 / 351 Mbit/s, at 5 GHz / ac / 80 MHz /1 x 1
    2. X6 Pro, stil active ad 10 cm far from X9S don't show this issue at all. Only sometimes, again with ZDMC, a little stuttering on video and never on audio.
    To avoid misanderstanding, stuttering for me mean that moving images are not smooth, but appears like jumping from a frame to another (not contiguous)
    Hiccupping means video freezes on a frame for a little and return to another frame (like skipping), or audio silences for a little, and continue in a different point (again like skippng)

Also, keep in mind that buffering in ZDMC usually is well visible in the top right corner, in this case nothing appears.

Could you put someware downloadable one or more of previous FW as "emergency recovery", to try a downgrade and check if this problem disappears?
    My original was (if I remeber right) 1.1.20.
    Then, if you need, I could do a "step by step" FW upgrade to identify from which version problem appears again.
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure that with 1.1.20 this problem was present or not in ZDMC.
    First test done by me was with Zidoo Explorer/Zidoo Player, usually better or more stable also on X6 Pro...

You can contact me also by mail or PM.
    I'm at your disposal for any test/debug, but only after 18:00 CET/CEST.

Thanks in advance!

12. I really want to buy a X9S but I am worried if this unity will be forgotten exaclty was the X9.
    Is not in my intention to buy a new unity in 2017 just 'cause ziddo give up on this model and created a new one :(

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am afraid all media player manufacturers only really work on their most recent products. The risk a next generation comes within year is realistic. Maybe a bit longer now that the dust around 4K, HDR and Android all in combination is settling down a bit. A big unknown still is Dolby Vision. If content comes out with that standard it may trigger once more a new generation. But I don't see UHD selling like hotcakes yet, BD had a slow start on sales and UHD BD will be even slower. For streaming the current generation will probably do a decent 4K/HDR job. The good news it they are fairly cheap compared with AMP's and 4K TV's as the same thing happens there.

One is prepared to follow the latest fashion at the associated cost or one is still happy with last years clothing?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  14. Yeah, and I tought Zidoo could be different... my bad.
    To be honest, the X9 is almost perfect for me. The only problem that I have is that it does not have timeshift.

The other problems I have, like support for H.265 and Optical Drives Recording, will not work even on the X9S or Android6, so, probably will only buy a new unity on 2018.