New firmware v1.0.39 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jun 30, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

problem is not with kodi. is with RK codec. it needs more work. zidoo did a good job when you consider what they had to work with, but its far FAR from perfect. Also i don't think the future for kodi is in android. pure linux is way better option

2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

you are right @HaoSs - KODI is not the problem ZDMC is the problem :)
    so when i know that there is a problem with the RK CODEC i do not use this one
    since more then a year this is known and the device is sold and sold and sold
    look into AMAZON reviews the last months - a lot of people gave them back
    how can this count?
    a real game would it be zidoo will produce a real kodi device and will change the x6pro into the new one
    and why the problems are neglected and ZIDOO tell us that there are NO problems?

Anton Bernd likes this.
  3. albator

albator New Member

Hi,
    No one has the same probleme as me: when playing mkv with chapters and when I select Next to go to the next chapter, kodi plays next mkv file instead of going to the next chapter.

So can someone check this ?
    Thank you.

4. ukmark62

ukmark62 New Member

What about 23.976p playback at 24hz without the 40-second stutter???? It should be an embarassment for Rockchip et al that this is not yet solved!! 99% of films are 23.976p and smooth playback of these files is a BASIC requirement for an Android TV box.

Playing them back at 60hz causes bad pulldown judder, and is not a viable alternative for me. Play them back at 24hz on Amlogic, and it is very smooth with NO stutter. Once you see 23.976p played back stutter-free at the correct frame rate, there's no going back to playing them back at 60hz.(The Hobbit trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy to name a few examples where the difference really stands out).

I'm just glad I bought Amlogic after I realised that Rockchip cannot/will not fix 23.976p playback.

For this reason alone, I think Rockchip are a laughing stock in the world of Android TV boxes.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  5. hisound

hisound New Member

The product is getting better with each update, but the desire to return to the .33 is not lost yet.
    It is the best product on the RK3368, I do not want anyone not to advertise but it is not.
    Rockchip not ready to release the final product, and that consumers are suffering paid the money but did not get nothing more in return.
    No longer when not under any pretext will not buy devices based on Rockchip chips.
    Micro stuttering at all and it is always corporate identity and underscore Rockchip.

6. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Do you have a name of another RK3368 manufacturer that makes a better RK3368 tv box than Zidoo, then please list so Zidoo can learn what is better and improve it.
    For the micro stuttering did you enable 'sync video to display' and also test RKMC instead of ZDMC since it is not a problem then?
    The only way to have perfect video playback is to get a Linux device that is officially supported by Kodi.
    Kodi dropped support for all Android tv boxes for upcomming Kodi 17 and they also don't have any Android developers now, so new Kodi 17 will not run good on any Android device except Linux Kodi's or Openelec without Android.

7. ukmark62

ukmark62 New Member

I've tried everything - RKMC seems to reduce the stutter - but not eliminate it. From my testing, 'Sync playback to display' only works with SPMC (but this feature does not work on the rockchip - also frame rate switching does not work on rockchip with SPMC). You can see when sync playback to display is working on Amlogic for example (Amlogic does not need this feature as it syncs perfectly anyway running LibreELEC). When you press 'o' during playback, you will see the following on the display:- http://kodi.wiki/view/Codecinfo - the last line showing "S(refresh 24.000 etc....) only appears when you have "sync playback to display" enabled and it is working. With rockchip, the last line is not present when using either SPMC or RKMC.

I am using LibreELEC on both Amlogic S812 and S905 devices and playback is PERFECT - absolutely no stutters at all. I run this from the micro sd card, and can still boot to android if I wish when I want to use something else apart from Kodi.

I agree about the Linux devices supported by Kodi, but either LibreELEC or running SPMC on Amlogic boxes will also work very well.

8. albator

albator New Member

Can kodi on libreELEC output Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD in passthrough ?

9. hisound

hisound New Member

UGOOS UT4 why is this product better than I wrote earlier
    These options enable RKMC I mean the "sync video to display"
    Here you are wrong KODI17 alpha2 works fine with NVIDIA SHIELD TV
    In addition OPENELEC can be installed on almost any TV boxing AMLogic

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  10. ukmark62

ukmark62 New Member

I'd ask the question here:- https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html as I don't have that sound setup (just plain old tv speakers for me).

Remember, libreelec and openelec are not available for rockchip devices.

11. grummel2005

two times wrong!
    there are devices on android with kodi and they are running perfect!
    kodi 17 is running on android as well
    why you tell the people here such a bs???

Anton Bernd likes this.
  12. blazer

blazer Member

Kosi are dropping support for AMLogic in 17, having already dropped any Rockchip support for a while now, meaning the likes of ZDMC and RKMC are required to get the best out of Kodi.

There aren't many devices on the Android platform where all functionality works well.

The Kodi team are very low on Android devs, so how well things will perform after 17 is anybodies guess right now.

I would not rely on Linux Kodi or Openelec to be magic bullets because they are still based on Kodi and have their own bugs.

Windows is still overall the most stable and reliable platform for Kodi and the one that may likely continue to get the most dev support.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

windows for HTCP is just a bad experience overall.it was not made for couch operation. Still think linux is a better option, when you also consider hardware/power

stefan-ott likes this.
  14. Goujam

Goujam Member

Got to agree with this my Chromebox running openelec is great it's stable and picture quality is amazing especially the egl version. With HD audio working its great.

15. blazer

blazer Member

I have both Linux and Windows HTPC devices (Z8300, N3150, J3160), one which runs both as a dual boot and when it comes to absolute reliability, Kodi on Windows is king on all my boxes.

RAW power is not required for kodi to run smoothly.

Linux has the odd bug or two but is still very good even though it does also lack the vivid depth and colour reproduction of Windows.

The key advantages of Linux (preferably running server version with Kodi as a startup) is that booting is faster and because there isn't the overhead of as many services and processes running in the background, overall CPU utilisation is a little higher.

The only X86 SOC that I would not use if you want smooth playback of all video material is Bay Trail but if your needs are fairly in line with what the majority of people out there play, then it is quite adequate.

The two exceptions to the rule being the nVidia Shield and the HiMedia Q5/Q10 pro, which are proven to be excellent when it comes to Kodi.

Purchasing Rockchip based devices has continually shown to be fruitless when it comes to Kodi and even after months of development, neither Rockchip or those pumping out forks can get it right.

The day that people stop Rockchip devices is the day that they will be forced to change how they develop their software side of things.

AMLogic may well be going down the same route too if it wants to guarantee that Kodi will be fully operational in future, they also have to change but again will only do so if people stop continuing to purchase boxes that are riddled with bugs and show an obvious lack of testing before being put on sale.

Too many people are happy to spend money, time and time again on sub standard products and therefore, to a large extent, they help create problems for themselves because they only look at the cheapness of the deal and not the value of the product.

I know many people that have spent twice as much in boxes as they would have had to do if they had saved up and bought a Shield or other proven device.

Windows also give you greater versatility in use, so can act as a real PC and media centre at the same time.

All manner of permutations to make decisions based on exactly what you really want.

hieuhien.vn likes this.
  16. vpa

vpa New Member

Horizon GO (Czech) detects HDMI or mirror and doesn't play content. Application HDMI Deception doesn't work.

zby likes this.
  17. Petr Polásek

Petr Polásek New Member

Yes, but it is functional applications from 02 TV. Otherwise, I use the satisfaction pocorn time.

18. grummel2005

Zidoo - please tell us on which problems you are working on
    so we can decide to keep the device or give it back due to lack of promides functions
    thx a lot

who is the same oppinion?

Anton Bernd likes this.
  19. Anton_S

Anton_S New Member

Grummel, first of all learn to use a spelling checker. You write like a fool.

Second, you are a troll that I would never agree with, as I said before, or are you to too ignorant to realise that you're a troll?

Third, I recommended to Zidoo to ignore your comments, you being a troll, and I hope they took that on board.

Forth, I'm quite sure Zidoo would love that you return the device so you can bugger off and bother some other manufacturer and stop infecting these forums with your rubbish.

Fifth, you're a rank amateur who tries to think like a professional. This comes through in spades when you're corrected. You can't take criticism but love to give it.

Sixth.... I could go on and on and on, but I'm not wasting my time on a twit like you. Seen it many times before, and you're just another one that nobody respects and regards as, dare I say it, a troll.

Zidoo, I haven't ready through all this trolls BS, but I urge you to just ignore any comments and just keep up the good work!

20. hisound

hisound New Member

It should be understood that in this case from the Zidoo depends not so as the initial SDK provides Rockchip which already contains a lot of mistakes in the correction of which requires time and effort from Rockchip.
    That depends on Zidoo done is not bad, I mean the hardware is very good.
    From the experience of using the devices on chips Roсkchip I can say with confidence that the firm itself is very poorly supported their products which, even in the final stage are not prepared to end-use.
    This is not a bad product developer boards.
    I am familiar with these products since RK3066 it has always been so.