RELEASE New firmware v1.0.3.9 for ZIDOO X9 release[Support the navigation bar]

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by warren_wh, Sep 11, 2015.

1. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

Well done ! But....
    I upgraded my Zidoo X9 to V1.0.3.9 and I am still looking for the launcher ???? Except some details nothing appear to have been changed, even after a reboot (But "Phone" is still there).
    The launcher is only on your pictures !!!

nb: my third zidoo X9 is in operation but I shall not upgrade it until this mismatch have been cleared.

3. Hartmut

Hartmut New Member

Yes this Launcher is very bad! why not make a Launcher like the X6?
    And Kodi still 14.1

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. Scott

Scott Member

What's fixed or new with this version ?

5. warren_wh

Perhaps launcher x9 you don't like, zidoo company's strong R & D team has developed a lot of launcher, you can choose according to your favorite.

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

Still awaiting an answer:
    What is new in this version (+1 for Scott) ?
    How to select the launcher (with the remote, an android smartphone, a mouse...) ?
    What are the news about the recording feature (display time, pause button,...). May we expect something about ?
    As Kodi last version which is available on the store is properly working, why is the old one still remaining (with the last one all kind of files can be read, while the old cannot as I pointed out in another thread) ?

7. kayak-kit

kayak-kit New Member

My box is saying that 1.0.3.3 is the up to date version. Has 1.0.3.9 been pushed OTA?

8. devrob

devrob New Member

wonder if Zidoo x9 new uodate wll have option to change sd-external on internal storage . that will be really Cool option. just imagine all apps going on 32gb sd and dont worry about space,

9. papiguy

papiguy Member

+1 for devrob.
    As pointed out in another thread, Kodi database is a big space consumer. Choice should be given to users: apps and/or data located on internal memory or on external device (USB or NAS).

Anyone having seen the new launcher ? :confused:

10. hieuhien.vn

hieuhien.vn Member Beta test group

Thank you very much! Have navigation bar :) I will testing this firmware now :D

11. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hi Hieuhien.vn,
    How do you display the navigation bar ?

nb: Having no answer from anybody to my questions, I downloaded again the v.1.0.3.9 zip and verified the md5sum on the file. It is exactly the same as for the file previously installed and the size of the files are exactly the same.
    A little bit upset the grandfather...:mad:

12. hieuhien.vn

Hi papiguy,

What're problem with you? You can not install fw v.1.0.3.9??? I install by my USB, there are some piture. Now, it have Navigation bar, I like it, I hope X9 will have an icon for KODI on the Homepage on the next update :) It is very necessary for the customer, quick access to KODI.

Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-17-10.png Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-17-20.png Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-18-34.png

13. hieuhien.vn

can not increase or decrease volume when press and hold volume button on the navigation bar, you need press more time to increase or decrease, I think Zidoo need fix this function :) About turn off button on the navigation bar, I think we should have a notification (a popup to select OK or Cancel) before turn off, because something the customer have mistake when they press on this button although they don't want turn off their box, who will agree with me about this opinion?

14. papiguy

papiguy Member

I did install v.1.3.9 and this version is there when reading the settings. However, nothing seems to have been changed, and the navigation bar is not there. That's why I have performed a md5sum check on my first download of the firmware and another one made yesterday.
    I am going to upgrade a second zidoo I have, and see the results...

15. warren_wh

Dear Papiguy,navigation bar default hidden,Please use the position in the navigation bar click of the mouse.

16. papiguy

papiguy Member

Thanks for answer Warren, navigation bar is there, but I cannot easily use it with the remote. I have to buy another mouse (I left it with my second zidoo in another home location).
    nb: the possibility to navigate into previously opened windows is welcome, together with the possibility to change audio volume. Screenshots may make easy the description of a feature or a problem.
    Good job !

Could you please tell me how to enter into root mode with a terminal emulator ?
    See http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/q-can-i-swap-between-internal-sd-to-ext-sd.499/

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  17. papiguy

papiguy Member

May I suggest adding to the navigation bar either
    - a button "Start recording" and a button "Stop recording"
    or
    - a single button: first click -> Start recording (*) - second click -> Stop recording.
    This would be a far better solution than a modification in the "Record" screen.

(*) without displaying the recording window, as the user is supposed to have previously set the recording configuration.

I noticed that, while watching HDMI In, a mouse click on the screen also displays the recording window.This is less convenient that what I suggest here above.
    However and considering that, my suggestion is not at all a priority (I got a new mouse and the system as it is has already been well improved).

nb: when I make a screenshot from the HDMI In or ImagePlayer, the result is a screen shot of the Explorer showing the target for these screenshots (Pictures)
    Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-28-10.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  18. warren_wh

Please see the 14th floor
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/q-can-i-swap-between-internal-sd-to-ext-sd.499/

19. warren_wh

Thank you very much for your suggest.
    Questions about the screenshot, we have found and trying to repair.First capture screenshot is the last picture, the second screenshot is right.