music player zidoo z9x

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gladiator, Jan 1, 2022.

1. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi guys

i have the last beta firmware

1. how can i know what is the version of the app ? ( music player )

3. can i use the neo music player app ? or its the same app ?

4. kind a mess to scan music files ( i have 500GB ) its all the time stopped

tanks for the help

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah a lot of work to do for Music Player. Same APP on all models. I hope a big update comes soon?
    An equivalent FW 6.6.66 was not released for the Neo X. No need for it from me as there is nothing in it for Music Player.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I see no reason to use MP6 - I use USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP), far more responsive and user friendly.

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I can understand that from people who need them. MP6 has to my reckoning though always seemed hit and miss in this respect and rarely scroll properly in time with the music

To be honest though I personally do not understand why these things matter, I mean also Album covers and other information etal. You play music to listen to and films to watch and listen to. It's the same with the huge number of posts regarding HT4 - just name your films/music properly and store in dedicated folders and use the basic file manager to play - what else do you need? lol!

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to run a poll "on a scale of 0% to 100% how much emphasis do you place on HT4 and MP6?". I'd say 3% because I do use MP6 sometimes but I never use HT4.

7. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I think you're wrong! If you’re just listening the musics and watching the movies the way you wrote, you’re not interested in other information. But we love the extra information, the design, the nice look.

Mabon likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I am interested in the info that can be brought up by the remote, once the film or music (to a lesser degree) starts. As for "scraping", I gave up on that a long time ago - having nice pictures about a film or seeing the Album cover for music really doesn't hold any interest for me unless it is instant - UAPP for music, gives me this. Judging by a lot of posts on here though, members seem totally engrossed with HT4 - I'd sooner get on with my life. It is just my opinion - I have no interest in forcing it upon anyone.

9. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Of course, it could be better and more beautiful. But what is it, which not up to the job at present? Except for the lyrics, because I turned them off. My music folder structure is very good to display. All album covers all look good. True, the searching is not perfect (especially for a larger database) but i don't use that function too densely.

10. Nice Monkey

Amongst others caused by:
    1) It does not support Western Europe codepage
    2) It stops reading names/fields when it finds a non-alphabetical/numeral symbol.
    3) It does not use (mostly fully correct) embedded ID tags by preference.

Lot of work to do.

Mabon likes this.
  11. CGI

CGI Member

Hi Everybody and Happy New Year!

Had some time and played around with the Music Player. (v. 6.9.81)
    Some silly questions:
    1. Where does MP takes the meta data from - for example Janre, etc - from the .cue file?
    2. Think it is not possible to add custom Janres, is it ? In HT it is possible.

Pros:
    - USB audio works fine in native DSD, with external DAC - tried it up to DSD256 (maybe it was fixed already in previous FW, but tried it just now)
    - Lyrics - I personally use them, as I am not an English native speaker, and sometimes have to read the text to figure out if the performer is cursing or blessing :) (especially with modern singers ;))
    - Plays ISO images (some players don't)
    (Zidoo Z1000Pro, FW 6.3.66_G)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

If provide some typical samples(FTP), it is very popular.

13. Nice Monkey

Those with nice examples may mail them to me doing a PM .Will take those up with Zidoo next to my own examples .
    French albums are a good example for character set issues.

14. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

Volio bih da mi oni koji su instalirali UAPP pro na ZIDOO Z9X kažu kako su to napravili, gdje su skinuli APK i koju verziju su instalirali. Nisam ni uspio instalirati APK s Google playa - platio sam, ali nisam dobio apk. Na zahtjev eXtream Software Developmenta (autor), dobio sam poveznicu za verziju koja se "možda može instalirati" – naziv završava s tv.

Na drugom pismu dobio sam objašnjenje: Aplikacija je namijenjena za instaliranje iz Trgovine Play na službeno licencirani Android uređaj. Budući da aplikacija izvorno ne podržava Android TV, imamo rješenje za te uređaje, ali moraju biti konfigurirani kao Android TV uređaj. Nažalost, nemamo utjecaja na proces instalacije. Ako se apk ne instalira, trebate kontaktirati Zidoo.