Multichannel Playback with DMP-A6?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Reelyator, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I wonder if any new owner has tried out multichannel playback with the DMP-A6 and is willing to share his experiences?

I would be curious, if and in wich constellation it is possible to play back Multichannel Audio from flac´s and SACD-Iso on NAS Drives. Any Feedback is welcome!

2. glc650

glc650 Member

I have a lossy 5.1 DTS album converted to FLAC. Roon played this back in 5.1 without issue on the A6 via HDMI to my Marantz. This is the only mch album I have to test.

Reelyator likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Use it to play MCH via HDMI with MCH FLAC, DTS-CD and SACD albums in original formats. It does not matter where the input comes from: NAS, Streaming, USB HDD or SSD.

They all sound just great. The special DOH chips and ultra stable clocking seem to do a good job there.

Added the above explicitly to the review.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
    Spizz and Reelyator like this.
  4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Thank you @glc650 !

HDMI to a Marantz AVR would most likely be also my preferred connection. But may i ask:
    - Why are you using Roon? Any Problems with the original Eversolo App in handling multichannel flacs?
    - Where are your flacs played back from? Local Hard Drive/SSD? USB drive? NAS?

Appreciate your feedback!

5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

That sounds promissing! Might be a reason to replace my Cambridge Audio Azur 851N....

6. glc650

glc650 Member

I use Roon because I'm paying for it. Until that changes I see no reason to use any other app. I haven't even tried the Eversolo app as a source. All of my local music is on my NAS but at this point my music library is significantly more Tidal than local.

7. Inti

Inti Active Member

I think the Cambridge Audio Azur 851N is Excellent considering the age it’s on the market

8. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Agreed, I'm sitting listening to my Azur 851N now while I wait for my A6 to arrive.

9. I play my 5.1 music including DTS, SACD.iso dsf /dff, flac from my NAS Synology (SMB) and from an external SSD.

wcseow likes this.
  10. Wildgift

Wildgift New Member

Hi all-- loving my DMP-A6. I'd like to use it in Roon to play multichannel into my Onkyo RZ-50. But if I go to device setup there is no option under advanced to set number of channels. Using a NUC running ROCK.

Set the HDMI output to PCM multichannel and am connected via HDMI to my AVR.

Any thoughts?

11. Nice Monkey

Why convert it to FLAC? DTS-CD tracks can be played directly in the original format. If converted correctly the sound should be the same but won't get better.
    It's similar to converting MP3 to FLAC.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  12. glc650

glc650 Member

The original file format (.dts) was not recognized by Roon so I converted to FLAC.

13. Nice Monkey

Extension for DTS-CD tracks is normally .WAV. ;)
    It may be a DTS track coming from a BD?

14. glc650

glc650 Member

I never said it was a DTS-CD and if it was I would still stick it in FLAC for convenience (tagging and space savings).

That or maybe DVD? I don't remember. I think it's actually DTS-ES 6.1. I put all my discs in storage after ripping but I know I don't own any DTS-CDs.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  15. Wildgift

Wildgift New Member

Anyone have any thoughts as to why A6 not showing up as multichannel in Roon? I can play a multi file via usb, but not in roon; roon down mixes it and A6 in Roon, using device setup, does not give me the option to set number of channels....

Tried moving roon server to my Mac; same result

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

maybe because the A6 itself is not a multi-channel device (all it can do eventually is route the multichannel stream to the hdmi output, and hopefully an avr will play it...)?

17. Wildgift

Wildgift New Member

Thanks for the reply. It has worked with others. Also will play multichannel via usb input using a stick

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  18. Nice Monkey

Plus SPDIF.

19. Wildgift

Wildgift New Member

My Onkyo will only go to 96k with spdif. Plus not sure how this affects Roon

20. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

zidoo Z1000 Pro have problem playing flac and wav 5.1 (also DTS-CD's) gapless. No problem with DSD. Same problem with DMP-A6?