Measurements v Ears: Dawn of Audio

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by ammar11, Dec 4, 2023.

?

What is the best judgement of a good quality audio?

1. My Ears

36.4%
  2. The Measurements

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both the Measurements and my Ears

63.6%
  1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can sell you one...

2. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

is it burnt-in?

3. Markswift2003

Of course not, that would be ridiculous.

4. Markswift2003

I wasn't going to vote on this, but decided I should and I voted Ears only.

I always implore people to trust their eyes with the video stuff and in the audio domain I'd do the same - doesn't really matter what Joe Forgettable on YouTube tells you he's measured with his Super Spectrum Measurometer, if it sounds like a pile of crap to you, it's a pile of crap. If it sounds awesome to you, it's awesome.

Fairly simple in my mind.

(As long as your ears are correctly burnt in of course)

muha and FunnyChap like this.
  5. Milky

Milky Active Member

Don't need a machine, just let them play.
    Agreed

6. Milky

Milky Active Member

AH100R 100 Ft. 24-Gauge Speaker Wire https://a.co/d/cApP7iG

Use that for all your needs, great CCA. Quickest transients available. Can't get any better than that. It's just not possible.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hmm, looks a little thin to me 24awg... I'd go for an 18... then depends also on the length, but in my entire life I haven't had any speaker cable thinner than 18awg; sometimes I got 16, but TTYTT I found it indeed unnecessarily thick.

8. Milky

Milky Active Member

Nope. Someone on the audio science review forums said it. So it has to be true. No other possibilities.

fofocho likes this.
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Could you point me to the comment? Surely it has to be in some context to be true.
    And then it depends who said it, as if it was the occasional, uneducated member most probably it doesn't count much...

Thank you in advance, Al.

10. Milky

Milky Active Member

I was being facetious.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I'm starting to believe that you love too much being facetious... well, the 24awg at room temperature is good enough for 75W into 8ohms, providing you keep the wire short... say 5/6m.
    Having a thicker cable allows you several things; like lower resistance (lower interaction with the speaker impedance), and higher current (more ease with powerful amps / lower impedance), so that an 18awg, roughly, makes all these figures about 5 times better.