MakeMKV new version 1.15.4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Whitfield, Dec 11, 2020.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Mark, you speak how I think lol, put it into words, I’ve long suspected that people with LG OLED see the red push more than people with other sets. P3 mapped to BT2020 would explain it, real busy at work at the moment so missing stuff but if there is anything I can test pm me.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not so much P3 mapped into BT.2020 since mapping implies a conversion, but it would happen with a P3 source displayed on a BT.2020 display profile - this is what happened originally with our Sony EDID.

The odd thing is, as I say, the C9 Dolby block is the only one I've seen that specifies primaries that are almost exactly BT.2020 which is basically what I do with mine - I haven't tried it, but I'm sure if I used a C9 EDID instead of my custom one I'd get indistinguishable results.

I can't figure out what's going on in your case - there is nothing else in the EDID to tell the player about colour space values (other than the basic chromacity settings based around Rec.709 which are common to all and largely irrelevant at 4K) so the fact that the Dolby block specifies BT.2020 primaries means the display should then use those primaries.

The player doesn't really have a say in it, it just does what the Dolby block tells it in the expectation that the display will apply the profile to match. Of course the player could get the values wrong, but I don't think that's what's happening here since I can see correct colours with a BT.2020 Dolby block and a BT.2020 display profile and similarly I can reproduce red push by using P3 primaries in the Dolby block and displaying at BT.2020.

But there is something freaky about the Zidoo/Realtek implementation of VS10 - VS10 is supposed to be a universal solution so any input can show on any display in the best available format and that certainly isn't the case - you have to apply a certain amount of voodoo to get it to work correctly, hence a lot of frustrated customers who just want it to work out of the box.

Whitfield and xskip like this.
  3. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hi guys. . I need help.
    As Mark (whom I thank) advised me, I am using Makemkv to get do.vi. in the movies for zidoo. With certain titles, like Top Gun 1986, I can't make the film in do.vi. . the zidoo only reads hdr.
    Opening the file Makemkv shows me two identical files but one with chapters and the other not. Zidoo reads them both but in hdr and no do.vi. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get do.vi to read. to zidoo? What should I do to create the do.vi file. to send to zidoo uhd3000?
    Thanks to everyone who can help me.
    Joe

4. xskip

xskip Active Member

TOP GUN is FEL. Only MEL titles will work.
    https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

6. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

THANK YOU GUYS ! TOP!:)
    Even Tranformer the last knight does not work in do.vi.
    We hope they resolve as soon as possible.
    Where can I see if a film do.vi. is it Fel or Mel?
    thank you
    joe

7. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Ops ..... I had not seen the link .... thanks xskip.:);)
    joe

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Did you check that link? Also if you import into MakeMKV, you can check there. MediaInfo seems not to work in showing DV information.

@Markswift2003 any update yet, do you know?

9. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thanks Rozel ... TOP!
    We hope they solve it as soon as possible so zidoo becomes ULTRATOP and a universal reader!
    Come on guys ahead! !
    Joe

10. Markswift2003

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

blenky likes this.
  11. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Condemned to secrecy eh? Blimey this is worse than a series of Line of Duty for suspense - I should become a CHIS and sort you out! :D

13. Markswift2003

You'd have to get the MIT to investigate the OCG.

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hope you watched last night :)

15. Markswift2003

No, we're just catching up on the last series first... No spoilers!!

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Copy that (as if) :rolleyes:

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Just to answer Joes other question, if you have 2 files in Makemkv that are exactly the same one is the playlist and one is usually the m2ts file related to that playlist, I would always choose the playlist so that you get the chapters.

p.s. I have the Minix U22-XJ flashed with Ugoos 0.4.0 firmware running patched Kodi, Top Gun was a test file of mine, it was jerking and resynching till I re-ran it back through the latest Makemkv 1.6.3.
    Playback was perfect, everything else I have tried ripped with latest Makemkv have been fine on this machine also, quiet impressed - everything else on it is rubbish and there are bugs with colour space in Sd/HDR10 but should be fixable.

If Corelec can get ported we may have a winner

18. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Thank you DaMacFunkin...TOP! ;)