Logitech Media Streamer

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by gadgetman, May 20, 2023.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

All my music library was tagged with MP3tag which the brilliant LMS server reads If this unit scans my library will it read my tags or ignore them and make changes?

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

I'm not sure, I'm a Roon user so have no need to tell the DMP-A6 about the location of a library.

Looking at the DMP interface, it will accept user cerdentials/password for access to the library. If you want to make sure it can't mess with your exisiting tags, you could create a new user on whatever holds you library and just give it read only access.

Then the DMP should be able to read all the files and tags and index them into its own platform.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes it does - I have exactly the same setup - LMS & MP3tag.

And you're right - LMS is brilliant!! Best music server available bar none.

4. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

So it reads my tags? or makes the changes? The above user is correct could only give read access so not make changes, library will be stored on the internal SSD when i buy one.

I currently use a rasberry pi running LMS feeding a Chord Qutest Dac. Will sell the DAC and hopefully this will replace and not be out of pocket because still go for a good price on Ebay.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, it reads the tags.

Nice Monkey likes this.