LLDV or Regular DV? What's the Difference?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Apr 3, 2021.

1. stedenden

stedenden New Member

Bonjour ...... j'ai également un problème avec EDID zidoo 10pro et TV LG CX. Qd je suis en DOLBY vision avec ISO ou mkv les couleurs sont fades et rose et je perd la résolution UHD! J'ai récupérer EDID niveau développer mais cela reste en hdr10 comment configurer pour zidoo/TV lg OLED cx? Merci

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Well I was wrong - according to the EDID the TV does support player led DV:

DV Version: 1 [short 12-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard and low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.707, 0.293
    GREEN Primary: 0.172, 0.797
    BLUE Primary: 0.133, 0.047
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 850 / 0.022 nits

So I wonder if it's something to do with the fact that the TV is expecting video from the FEL and doesn't like it when it isn't there - the pink screen is a classic sign of playing Player Led when it's not supported so obviously there's something the TV doesn't like about the signal.

Anyway, the obvious answer is use Player Led, ie LLDV :)

3. Markswift2003

Firstly, because Google Translate is a bit rubbish, I'm not sure if you are setting a custom EDID or not, but for an LG CX you don't need to.

It's possible this is a similar issue to the above post.

Try Quick Settings/Display/Dolby Vision Compatible Mode > Priority LLVD(Player Led)

And make sure HDR is set to Auto.

4. stedenden

stedenden New Member

[QUOTE = "Markswift2003, post: 149595, member: 21473"] Premièrement, parce que Google Translate est un peu nul, je ne sais pas si vous définissez un EDID personnalisé ou non, mais pour un LG CX, vous n'en avez pas besoin à.

Il est possible que ce soit un problème similaire à l'article ci-dessus.

Essayez Paramètres rapides / Affichage / Mode compatible Dolby Vision> Priorité LLVD (voyant du lecteur)

Et assurez-vous que HDR est réglé sur Auto. [/CITATION]

5. stedenden

stedenden New Member

LLDV ou DV priority ça change rien! EDID personnalisé ( récupérer sur le lecteur zidoo développeur) avec EDID personnalisé, j'ai les noirs moins bouchés! J'ai Alita et 1917 ISO en HDR10+ alors que le LG CX n'est pas compatible

6. stedenden

stedenden New Member

J'ai enlevé EDID personnalisé car les films en DTSHD passent en DTS donc pour l'instant je reste dans une configuration classique HDR10 en attendant ‍♂️

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Sorry but can we sspeak English? We have users around the world, kinda hard to use Google translate with every post everytime. Thanks.

Tomas Monteiro and xskip like this.
  8. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

is LLDV better? or am I missing something? I bought the box for the vs10 engine Dolby vision, and nowhere did it mention that some Dolby vision TVs were not compatible. Is it something that can be fixed?

9. stedenden

stedenden New Member

Hello ..... I have a Zidoo z10pro / TV lg CX the settings of the zidoo are those that you recommend and update V6.2.0. I am not getting DOLBY VISION with ISO or mkv. The DOLBY vision is displayed on the screen on the left (for the zidoo) and on the right (for LG CX) only if I personalize EDID on 1 (LldtvBT2020). But after the appearance of the DOLBY Vision logos the colors are pastel pink and I am no longer in UHD but in 1080. If I put on EDID3 (samsungHDR10 +) the ISO and mkv DOLBY compatible HDR10 + is displayed in hdr 10+ with zidoo logo ( weird Lg CX is not compatible) if I get developers EDID, it's the same as samsung EDID but I lose DTSHD and it becomes DTS. LLDV or DVtv does not influence! And what is funny is that by going directly to Zidoo / TV I have the same result as with Zidoo / Onkyo RZ900 / Lg CX. Knowing that Onkyo rz900 does that hdr10 I manage to have DOLBY vision and hdr10 + anyway! But DOLBY vision which ultimately does not work as much when going live on TV or through the amplifier. DOLBY vision that jumps and pastel color predominantly pink and 1080 image setting auto hdr or vs10dv it's the same and HDMI ranges auto or 16-266 c the same also I don't know what to do. I came back to the classic hdr10 setting that suits me in the end

10. Markswift2003

I'm only surmising - without being there I can't say for sure what the problem is, but as I say, there is no problem - just choose LLDV and you're done.

LLDV isn't better than Standard DV it's just that, in the case of the Zidoo, the player processes the RPU and outputs the base layer already tone mapped to a static gamma curve. In the case of Standard DV, the TV processes the RPU and does exactly the same thing internally.

11. Nicholas Hewitt

I'm trying to use the vs10 engine
    Ok just one more question. Since I want everything output with dv. Should I put hdr to vs10 engine for everything, then priority lldv? Or put hdr to lldv, and priority to tv dv? Both work.

12. Markswift2003

Both will do exactly the same thing - All Dolby Vision is processed in the VS10 engine, it's just LLDV, when available in EDID, is listed as a separate entity.

The VS10 option chooses the best available output, so if your TV supports Standard Dolby Vision in EDID, the "VS10" option selects that unless you set Priority to LLDV, in which case LLDV is output.

Choosing LLDV just bypasses all that palaver with one selection, so I find it best to choose that just to avoid confusion.

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Ok thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

14. Markswift2003

No worries :)

15. stedenden

stedenden New Member

can you tell me all the necessary settings with the new update to have dolby vision on tv lg oled CX Thank you

16. Markswift2003

Gone.

@Mabon - can you delete the link from your quote please - cheers mate :)

Mabon likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

You shouldn't need to do anything complicated with an LG CX, so setting HDR to Auto should work fine.

18. stedenden

stedenden New Member

t's always the same! I have dolby vision logo on LG CX tv, but the image is ugly! however it is in UHD on the ZIDOO info button but the image is not at all with saturated colors

19. stedenden

stedenden New Member

DOLBY vision sur TV lg cx et sur la touche info de Zidoo. mais l'image est moche! je ne suis pas en UHD et quand je configure en HDR10 c'est le jour et la nuit