KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Are there any possibility to update from 18.9 to 19.1 without losing configuration of ZDMC 18.9 and skin Aeon Nox: SiLVO?
    Do I need to configure it from the beginning?
    What's new in 19.1?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Sincerely

2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

In the past it was necessary to start from scratch. But make a backup with the addon „Backup“ and try updating.

3. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Does not work.

Don’t think this feature is possible anyway.

4. DMD

DMD Member

Kodi enjoys a lot of diffusion and popularity, and Zidoo did well to take into account the number of fans of this interface that would otherwise be oriented on other products.

Mariusz likes this.
  5. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

If you want to switch off the spash screen when starting ZDMC (by the way misspelled text "Base on..." instead of "Based on") then:

advancedsettings.xml in Android/data/com.zidoo.zdmc/files/.kodi/userdata/ containing:

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <setting>value</setting>
    <splash>false</splash>
    <setting>value</setting>
    </advancedsettings>

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

If compare with MrMC vs ZDMC then MrMC is based on Kodi and ZDMC is base on Kodi and this look normal for me as Zidoo use Kodi source with optimization of call for external player. Probably for UK user is was better to be "Based on" but this not subject of this topic.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  7. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Ordered a Z9X. :)

8. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning.
    At this point also XBMC Wrapper is not necessary, or you can use it to install the new versions of Kodi when still ZDMC is not updated.
    It's correct?

9. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

HDGuy,
    Bravo you! You will be happy.

10. DMD

DMD Member

YES! I am happy.
    I was hoping that Zidoo does not abandon Kodi's enthusiasts.
    I believe they will increase orders now.
    Thanks Zidoo.

Mariusz likes this.
  11. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Yes.

12. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

However, yesterday I installed this zdmc but I must say that I much prefer HT4, also I saw that it does not support dolby vision, you get it only if you leave the third-party player, that is HT4, if you use the Kodi player instead of the dolby vision does not work, it only goes in HDR ...... The good thing is that the covers get them almost all right, unlike HT4 which makes a lot of mistakes.

14. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Dolby Vision works fine, all it does is use the internal Zidoo player.

Has anyone been able to get this to work with any of the video addons like the South Park one? I haven’t, they just seem to crash it. This only seems to work with playback of files off my NAS which I guess it ok. Would have been nice to have access to the Z9X’s renderer for playback of streaming video though, like tv channels, etc.

If anything my main complaint is that it’s too slow to be usable. I’ll probably stick to Zidoo’s HT software. Hopefully sometime in the future they will integrate Trakt functionality. It really needs it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  15. Slovakbrit

Slovakbrit New Member

I loaded 19.1 but have reverted to 18.9 because it would not run Aeon Nox Silvo skin, also quite a few other addons were not usable, anyone else have this problem

16. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Aeon Nox Silvo worked for me, but as I said it's slow as hell and practically unusable.

17. Enet

Enet Active Member

I know this is not helpful but I stopped using Kodi when I got this machine. I have up a Kodi library in a SQL database with links to multiple machines and I love the flexibility of Kodi. Aeon Nox Silvo was my favourite skin. But I was spending more time playing around with Kodi and its settings than watching films. Now that I have a dedicated media player I prefer the speed and usability of HT4.0.

18. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

You’re right. ZDMC is pretty much useless on this box so you might as well stick to the built in software. Hopefully HT4.0 will have features added over time, like Trakt.

19. Enet

Enet Active Member

Yeah I remember you or someone else commenting on Trakt and other features I just didn't use. For me, Plex would have been more than adequate but I just preferred Kodi. But whatever doubts I had disappeared when the Aeon Nox Silvo skin came out. A perfect combination of flexibility and features.

In the end this is a dedicated media player and to be fair I think they are concentrating on making sure its core functionality works properly. They have added more features to HT4.0 than I thought they would and I think that once the Blu-ray menu functionality is fixed they might turn their attention to adding features like Trakt.

20. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Trakt is good because it keeps track of what you watched and you can resync all that info, like ratings, watched status and location, etc, something HT4.0 doesn't do- at least not in a central database. If you have a lot of media on your NAS you really can't do without it.

It's really a major feature and pretty much necessary in all HT software now.