JellyfinTv Zidoo-Edition support post

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Found the issue and working on it, but its a bit messy how versions are handled. I think i found a reasonable fix for the logic, so should be working in the next beta.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Thank you Andy, you're amazing!

3. andy22

andy22 Active Member

### Beta 10 - 0.14.3 -> download here
    • based on latest [official 0.14 release]
    • fix file version's handling, resume handling
      • fix version names missing in Ui
      • fix wrong version runtime display
    • fix file version's not working via DirectPath option
    • add double back to exit app
    • add size/scaling option's to homescreen settings
    • add network paths server hostname/netbios ip lookup
    • fix changing homescreen option's not triggering Ui refresh
    • improve "smart" track selection logic
      • favor atmos, dts:x
      • favor surround tracks more
      • favor forced audio codecs more, if set in option's
    • general stability/bug fixes

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  4. mrgo

mrgo New Member

Thanks for the new Beta 10 release.

Unfortunately after removing beta 9 and installing beta 10 ...I got an oops something went wrong when trying to log into the Jellyfin Server (10.8.1) and had to rollback to beta 9?

5. mattmarsden

Hi Andy, this is amazing - thanks so much for fixing the grouped versions issue. 2 small things - firstly on the grouped versions where it says what version is selected under the 'version' text it only shows if you select the second item and not the first and also could you increase the number of characters it can show as most of my movies have longer names that its got room for.

The second thing is it always wants to transcode PCM 2.0 - is there a setting to allow it to pass through?

Thanks so much.

6. andy22

andy22 Active Member

This was intentionally, was thinking to only show names if a alternate versions is selected. The "main" item is selected by default.
    The issue is the "main" version name would just be the normal name, since there is no version suffix?

Thats a bit tricky, mainly because i have no clue where the font sizes are set for this element :)
    So if i can figure this out in a reasonable time, i can try changing those.

Oh thats a ups on my part, i did explicitly remove pcm codecs from directPlay. Never encountered pcm encodes? I guess they do exist.
    Will add those to the DirectPlay codecs.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  7. andy22

andy22 Active Member

So you uninstalled the old version than reinstalled and got the oops?

Would need the logs to see whats happening.

8. mattmarsden

Sometime the main version is the 3D version and sometimes its the UHD version - not sure if theres a way I can always make it the UHD version?

I wondered if the panel it displays in could be made bigger?

9. andy22

andy22 Active Member

ah yes, you are right. I did only test with folders, that always had a "movie.mkv" base version in it.
    Will change the display logic, so that if there is any version suffix, it will be displayed.

Version naming and sorting rules are documented here: https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/movies.html

10. mattmarsden

I've just randomly checked and it seems it always picks the UHD version first which is good so I don't think it necessarily needs to display anything as it when you go to versions theres a tick against the version selected.

11. andy22

andy22 Active Member

@mattmarsden ok you can check the fix2 version
    ### Beta 10 - fix2 - 0.14.3
    - adjust file version "main" name display
    - add missing directPlay audio codecs
    - PCM codecs
    - DCA, MLP

12. mattmarsden

Thanks Andy, would it be possible to use maybe 4 lines instead of 2 for the file version name display? If not I think it may be better not to have any display as a lot of my titles don't fit in to the 2 lines. Or is it possible to widen the area the name displays in? Thanks for all your work.

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

What are you naming your versions? Those should just be some short suffixes describing the version not the whole title?
    What are examples you have that wont fit?
    • 1080p, 2160p, 360p, 480p, 720p
    • Extended Cut, Cinematic Cut, Director's Cut, Cinematic Cut, Director's Cut, Extended Cut

14. mattmarsden

So for example I might have 'Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D' and 'Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens UHD'

15. andy22

andy22 Active Member

That's not how version suffixes should look, the version should just be a suffix not a part of the main title name.

'Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens - 3D'
    'Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens - UHD'

i think this also works

'Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens - [3D]'
    'Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens - [UHD]'

16. mattmarsden

Will that work as I’ve got my 3D films on one hard disk and UHD on others? Do they need to be under the same directory?

17. mattmarsden

OK, I've checked and in my case it won't work - I don't want to move hundreds of files around and rename them all. I think for me I would probably prefer it not displaying the version name as I can see what one it is by clicking on 'version' but I know this isn't just for me!!!

18. andy22

andy22 Active Member

from the manual "Multiple versions of a movie can be stored together and presented as a single title. Place each movie version in the same folder and give each version a name with the folder name as a prefix as seen below."
    Movies
    └── Best_Movie_Ever (2019)
    ├── Best_Movie_Ever (2019) - 1080P.mp4
    ├── Best_Movie_Ever (2019) - 720P.mp4
    └── Best_Movie_Ever (2019) - Directors Cut.mp4

I mean you have to follow the official naming guides, that's what i base my test, changes on.

19. mattmarsden

Yep I have seen that - having only just changed to Jellyfin my files aren't set up like that and I understand it should be set up like that. It all works well, its only the version type in the display that doesn't. Is there anyway it can be toggled off? If not, not a massive problem - would just look neater in my particular scenario.

20. mattmarsden

OK, I think I will probably restructure my movies, probably the best way going forward.