Is the Zidoo X10 (Pro) the solution for me?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by computerke, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'd leave folder.jpgs as they are and then if there are any posters that it gets online that you don't like, you can always manually change for folder.jpg.

2. computerke

computerke New Member

That is right, Markswift! Thank you for you kind help, I guess will go and look for the ZX10 Pro :)
    Just one little remark: is there a Z10 Pro and a ZX10 Pro? These names seem to be entangled if I do a search on the web. I was trying to find the manual but cannot find it anywhere online, although for the older Z10 it is on the Zidoo site.

Edit: I even found a ZX20: is that still a newer (but much expensive) model and also the Z1000Pro. It is getting complicated now ;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, there are no "ZX" models. Current models are here:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/allProduct.html

4. Ratty

Ratty New Member

Just Z10 Pro, w/o 'X'. X is for the older model.
    About Plex server: it has its own charms like a nice tone mapping that could be pretty useful with some poor HDR presenting (when a good old SDR looks much better than HDR on a cheap 'HDR-ready' display).
    And as far as it goes, media wall is about player apps, not exactly hardware. You can make it with any machine that has some popular media players like KODI, Plex et c. on board or even its own app (like Dune player app). Shortly, You can buy any model from Zidoo, Zappiti, Dune, NVidia Shield... and find or install there Your favorite media player app that could present Your media files in a form of a media wall, plain and simple. Just have in mind that if You're planning to use OLED display, that static picture may damage it over time, so, if You like media wall, it could be better to stay with some faithful LED technology.
    Z10 Pro is an entry medium level source, just like Shield TV Pro, Dune Pro Vision 4K Solo or some chinese OPPO clones. As I told You before, it's a work horse and that's enough for a decent HT mostly.

5. Ratty

Ratty New Member

And IMHO Markswift2003 is right about let Your player app itself find some graphic materials for Your collection in Web. At last by the end of the day You could add something different by Your choice, but it makes sense to trust the app to make all dirty work for You firsthand. On the wall most posters look nice enough together except a few really awful that You could always garbage.

6. computerke

computerke New Member

Thanks for the additional info, Ratty! But I must say my current Dune 4K solo does not give posters if one just puts a poster picture in the corresponding map. It just gives the classic windows map icon and some text under it (that is: only the first words, since it is limited) and that is not very nice to look at or to find easily a map with the movie you want... In your post yous stated that "You can make it (a video wall) with any machine that has some popular media players like KODI, Plex et c. on board or even its own app (like Dune player app)." but it seems not be applicable to my Dune.
    So I have it now set at just a text list.

7. muha

muha Active Member

I own Z10 Pro
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/Z10+PRO/target/7ogeLPHKQt1KKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    and I have 4TB WD Red in bay and 2Tb WD Passport attached.
    And I think it is answer to your questions.
    Home Theatre app has better presentation than TViX.
    It reads iso and video_ts folder without problems.
    Now for folder.jpegs you can leave them but first time you run it will scan and download all new info with posters and fanart.
    Also it pulls trailers from youtube if available.

I wouldn't recommend renaming folder.jpegs, try to download new info, and if something is not recognized you can setup simple .nfo file in combination with poster and fanart jpeg.

Divx is not officially supported, for that you must download other player.

If you decide to go with Z10 Pro feel free to send me PM in case you need any help setting up.

Once you setup your library it will be easy to update it when necessary.

8. computerke

computerke New Member

Thank you for contributing in this topic, Muha. I will look at the prices here and order mine probably this weekend.
    As for the DivX, that is also not supported by the Dune, so I have converted my DivX movies already into .mp4.
    Thank you also for your kind offer to give me the chance to PM you if I would encounter some problems with or after the setup, I really appreciate that a lot :).

9. muha

muha Active Member

No problem, sorry for the late reply, name of the thread was confusing, I checked it out since I noticed few replys.
    @Markswift2003 is our main video related guy, and his thread
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/
    is excellent starting point for setting up your device.
    I think my device is set to 99% of his recommendations.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000-neo-x-models.80434/
    here you can read some more about devices from latest line of products done by @Nice Monkey who is main audio part contributor.
    If you stick around you will find plenty of helpful or decorative tweaks or recommendations by other members.

10. Ratty

Ratty New Member

Well... Maybe it's correct for new Dune line only :-( Dune HD Solo 4K is a little long in the tooth; it has been released six years ago. As much as I know there's no such problem anymore with newest models (they have some new problems and really annoying, I can say). Anyway, player apps make the wall, not the player itself. And if You like Zidoo, so Z10 Pro may be Your solution. I've tried Z10 Pro, Dune Pro Vis 4K Solo, Shield TV Pro and chinoppo now and still can't make a final decision after twenty years of HTPC usage. At least Shield can synchronise picture and sound properly, and to me that could be the biggest problem with media players. As much as I know, Your old Dune was good at it but all newest suck mightily. Zidoo is somehow better, Shield is the best with that, and OPPO clone is just completely different story with its own quizes. And of course it can't show walls.

11. muha

muha Active Member

And Z10 Pro will go nicely with your TX-NR646
    I hope you have 5.1.2 speakers setup so you can enjoy DTS-X and Dolby Atmos sound.