Is the Eversolo DMP-A6 Airplay 2 compatible ?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Riley, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Riley

Riley Member

I only see Airplay listed in the specs, but most new modern streaming devices incorporate Airplay 2 now, not the older Airplay 1 spec. I was testing the multi-room audio function of Airplay 2 devices this evening and was unable to choose the DMP-A6 as part of a multi-room group, leading me to suspect that the implemented the older version Airplay 1 which I hope is not the case. Even the Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro have Airplay 2 built in.

Lesfetes and enisio like this.
  2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

It was claimed to have Airplay 2 when it was launched - here's the section from the Eversolo site at the time: -

upload_2023-7-5_10-35-18.png

And the same section now: -

upload_2023-7-5_10-36-43.png

Lesfetes likes this.
  3. Riley

Riley Member

Lesfetes likes this.
  4. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

I have to say that the Airplay functions on the DMP are still rubbish on the current latest firmware. I don't tend to use it, but when I have tested it, it's ropey as hell currently.

I have some other devices that I can use AirPlay with quite happily - CA CXNv2, MA Mini 1-3 and several Sonos speakers. No issue with any of those before anyone suggests that it's down to my home Wi-Fi etc.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am pretty confident this will be fixed. Just give them some time. ;)

Riley likes this.
  6. armstrong

armstrong New Member

Right now when I use airplay it cuts in and out of the song almost like the connection or it buffers one second so its kind of annoying. It does not happen all the time but it will at some point. Album art and everything works fine but the constant fading in and out is unbearable.

Riley likes this.
  7. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

I use airplay2 on other products all day long and never once had any issues maybe your wifi, anyways it may not be possible for airplay 1 to morph into airplay2 I asked some of the other manufacturers directly and they say NO

8. Riley

Riley Member

It's frustrating, I've never had so many airplay issues with a device, I have trouble getting airplay started from my Mac to the DMP-A6. I choose it in audio settings and but no audio comes out, I have to switch settings around multiple times before it will work. I'm slow to find out this news, but just realizing in the last day or so that Airplay 2 's audio stream only outputs 256 kbps AAC lossy compressed audio from most devices, as the Eversolo shows AAC 44.1 khz on the display when Airplay audio is active.

9. Simon Frost

Simon Frost New Member

I had this response from my dealer (Australia) when I asked about Airplay 2.

"Eversolo have confirmed that they are still awaiting Airplay 2 certification from Apple. This is taking longer than they expected, and as such they have confirmed that a firmware update with Airplay 2 functionality will be submitted once they receive the certification."

10. Riley

Riley Member

Thanks for the information!

11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Apple doesn't like competition for their own or selected partner products.
    Big boys game which isn't always very open and clean.

12. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

I would like to know if this is word for word as I received a note reply back from eversolo directly as well that said, we have not implemented it into the hardware so ??

13. Focuspuller

Focuspuller New Member

Didn't Eversolo have the SAME problem with Roon - tout the feature before it was actually implemented?

14. Riley

Riley Member

Yes, also Amazon Music cert for native installation.

Bonzo likes this.
  15. Adams

Adams New Member

Has anybody a hint for me, how I can fix the sync problem when using A6 as Apple TV audio out? Apples syncing assistent doesn‘t really work. The timedelay is to big. (From other airplay devices I know the timedelay in my configuration is around 1950ms)
    Has anybody the same problem and found a solution?
    Another idea was to connect an additional airplay source and rout it to coaxial out, but the Eversolo doesn‘t allow this.

16. Riley

Riley Member

Is Airplay your only option for audio from your Apple TV ? There’s seems to be too much latency to depend on it for sync with video . I just use the optical out of my tv to the A6 for all Apple TV audio and it’s been rock solid.

Nutul likes this.
  17. Adams

Adams New Member

I‘m using a 4K version without optical out. Additionally I want to feed my Genelecs with the digital out of the A6 and there you can‘t use other digital inputs. If this would be possible, I would add a RPi with moOde on an digital input and would be done. But all digital inputs only are routed to the analog output stage. :( Nevertheless the over all sound quality of the A6 is so stunning that’s why I want it to use it for both. Musik listening and watching TV over Apple TV. Maybe they fix this with a new firmware. This would be absolutely great.

18. Riley

Riley Member

Yes, I use Apple TV 4K and the hdmi sends audio to the tv, then tv sends optical audio out to the A6. Unfortunately, sounds like the A6 won’t really work well for your use case needing digital out.

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Let me understand... you say the A6 sounds so good that you want to bypass it, and send its digital audio elsewhere, e.g. your Genelecs (I think they are active speakers with a DAC...)

20. Adams

Adams New Member

Haha no :) not really. Bypassing would be the last option if there is no other solution. But the actual firmware doesn’t allow this either. And with the Bluetooth Input I only could direkt the sound to analog out.
    Yes the Genelecs have an internal dac and dsp for room correction, so I wouldn’t like to drive them analog. In this case there would be an unnecessary AD-DA conversion. Volume control is also (really well) done in the Genelec speakers with the internal dsp and the GLM kit.
    And the speakers only have one digital input and of course I wouldn’t like to always switch cables when using the Apple TV.
    That’s why I’ve had the idea with the digital inputs for an airplay receiver without the sync problem. But the best solution of course is when the original Eversolos Airplay App wouldn‘t have this problem. Maybe I miss something?