Is the Eversolo DMP-A6 Airplay 2 compatible ?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Riley, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Maybe I don't get you, but actually, feeding your Genelecs with either digital or analog output from the A6 WILL BYPASS ITS INTERNAL DAC and use only that of the Genelecs, hence, doing so, you are actually bypassing the A6, that is, you are not using it at all in your scenario.

Actually, anything you feed your Genelcs with, will use THEIR DAC and DSP. No matter what. And that is what they are made for.

2. Riley

Riley Member

I'm guessing he must want the ability to use the internal streaming side of the A6 for music listening, but also find a way send his apple tv audio content through the A6 (digitally) and still have access to the SPDIF Coax digital outputs of the A6 for feeding the Genelecs. The only way I know of to get the Apple TV audio into the A6 is via the optical out from the television and of course the A6 won't do digital in and digital out at the same time.

3. Adams

Adams New Member

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. I only use the A6 as a transport and need a solution for the airplay problem.
    What I‘ve managed to archive is deactivating the internal airplay functionality, loading the App AirRecieverLite.apk and there adjust the delay manually. Than everything works just fine.
    Now does anybody know how to start sideloaded apps automatically during startup?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Then, again, this takes the "the A6 sounds astonishing" thing out of the equation, as you won't be using it, this was my argument in my first reply.

Seeing the Genelecs I/O, I think the only quick solution is:

A6 -> RCA out -> Genelecs analog IN (this makes a A->D->A conversion to apply DSP, of course)
    AppleTV -> coax out -> Genelecs coax digital IN (this doea just a D->A)

5. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

Now with Harman (Samsung) acquiring Roon a good time to revive the topic: when can we have AirPlay 2 for multi room in Eversolo gear?

Realising the 256ALAC is nowhere near RAAT, just pointing we were promised AirPlay 2 back in June on launch when I bought it.
    It probably is an Apple Certification thing but still most streamers have it and I have a big New Years evening party coming up where multi room is more important than quietly sitting and enjoying quality.

6. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

You will NOT get airplay 2 it is a hardware problem not updateable zidoo can NOT do it, dump-a8 has the hardware but not the authorization , sorry I have the actual reply I’ll post later as I’m not with that phone

7. Riley

Riley Member

Zidoo support make it out to be a software issue and just yesterday claim it's simply a Apple Airplay certification/approval process and they have been working through many revisions and not sure when or if it will gain approval from Airplay officials. It makes no sense that a company as smart as Eversolo would use or build hardware incapable of Airplay 2. Airplay 2 has been out since 2018, most all devices released since that time period that have included Airplay support have had Airplay 2 hardware.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Lesfetes and Lennart Andersson like this.
  8. enisio

enisio New Member

Do we have an update on this? Waiting since summer of 2023.

Lesfetes likes this.
  9. Imaodoloro

Imaodoloro Member

I can use AirPlay without restrictions, play the whole thing via the Qobuz app and also have very good SQ

Nutul likes this.
  10. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

it is the multiroom AirPlay 2 that is not working correctly. You can select multiple AirPlay 2 devices (including DMP-A6) but … the A6 has a slight delay vs all other Airplay 2 devices playing.

I use Roon for multiroom but not all my devices are RAAT, so AirPlay 2 would be the alternative.

Regular Airplay is no problem at all, but I personally never use that.

11. enisio

enisio New Member

I cannot select the DMP-A6 together with other Airplay2 compatible devices. So currently the DMP-A6 only supports Airplay1, and not that well. I always have sync issues with the DMP-A6 in combination with my AppleTV4K.

12. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

Sorry I was not clear ; I mean that I can select A6 with other airplay 2 devices (non RAAT) in Roon with a sync/delay issue

it indeed is not possible to connect multiple devices with the a6 from iPhone or others direct

13. Stereo666

Stereo666 New Member

Waiting for an update here as well...no Airplay 2 since ages is a no go (as it was initially promoted like that...now it seems they took the "2" offline) :-(

Lesfetes likes this.