is it possible to share on a DLNA...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Oct 20, 2022.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,

A member of HCFR.fr asks a question but I don't know the answer, it concerns DLNA.

https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post181017496.html#p181017496

Good evening everyone,
    I am a new buyer of the ZIDOO Z1000Pro.
    I wanted to thank everyone on this group in advance because you have been a great help to me.
    I have a question that I haven't found an answer to yet.
    my question is: is it possible to share on a DLNA, UPNP server the movies copied on the internal hard drive of my Z1000?
    I did manage to activate the SAMBA server thanks to your advice and I do have access to the Z1000's HDD on my PC but I can't share it on a DLNA server.
    and I would like the movies in my HDD in the Z1000 to be available on my entire network in order to watch them on several TVs.

Do you have any idea if this is possible and if so is there an option to activate on the Zidoo?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

UPnP and DLNA unfortunately is not a single standard but has a slew of implementations with mixed results on functions and features when interconnected.
    So there is not a straight answer here. Many implementations restrict the media formats supported in one way or another but others may support all even including transcoding when needed automatically.

DLNA uses Digital Media plugins:
    There are DMServers, DMRenderers, DMControllers, DMPlayers and even DMPrinters. DMP (player) can render and pull content from a DMS (server) directly but a DMR (renderer) needs to request content via a DMC (controller) after which it will be pushed by the Server directly to the Renderer for playback.

For this reason never even try using DLNA myself but having luck it may do all you want.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks Nice monkey,

I will copy and paste your answer to the person in private message