Is it possible to position SRT subtitles below the video?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by edison86, Jun 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. edison86

edison86 New Member

I am interested in the Z9X, but I could not find any information regarding the subtitles features in the Z9X's default video player. I'm basically interested in two features: the ability to position SRT subtitles below the video, basically in the bottom black bar not covering the picture and the ability to adjust opacity.

If you are familiar with Kodi, then you will know that Kodi has these features. But I do not want to use Kodi anymore and I am hoping the default player in the Z9X will have these features.

Thanks.

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

3. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

I guess I'm piggyback off of this question as I wait for my X9x to arrive.

I need the opposite as the OP. I want to ensure that subtitles are in the picture area as I have a scope screen. KODI has a rudimentary subtitle placement setting that seemed to be hit or miss depending on how the file is encoded. Does the Zidoo actually allow the user to place subtitles wherever the end user wants or are there static placement options?

4. Cyclone99

Cyclone99 New Member

Yes, with all subtitles, you can move the position up or down by steps, over the picture or the black bars. With SRT subtitles, you can also set the size, a time offset, and the color (from a list that includes white, various shades or gray, and other colors). With PGS subtitles, you can set the brightness.

crutzulee likes this.
  5. edison86

edison86 New Member

For SRT subtitles, can you also change the opacity or brightness? I don't think selecting the color gray will be dark enough for HDR content.

crutzulee likes this.
  6. mytich

mytich Member

I'm jumping in here just to answer that there is an option for different shades of white/gray, so there is an option to set it brighter white or darker gray, there are many steps so I am sure you will find optimal gray color for you. I have no problems with HDR and subtitles.

crutzulee likes this.
  7. edison86

edison86 New Member

How many shades of gray are there? Is there any way to see how dark the gray is for HDR content? And there is no opacity feature for SRT?

8. edison86

edison86 New Member

Can anybody help? It will be very difficult to watch HDR content if the subtitles are too bright.

9. mytich

mytich Member

I am not sure exactly how many different shades are there but I can tell you that you can set it so dark that it is actually too dark :D

I am not sure about opacity but I think the latest beta added transparency settings for text subtitles, But I am not on latest beta at the moment.

10. mirror

SRT
    Position settings:yes
    Brightness Settings:yes

PGS
    Position settings:yes
    Brightness Settings:yes

11. edison86

edison86 New Member

Yeah, that's basically what opacity is. I want to reduce the opacity so that it is more transparent.

I'm a little confused. Are there different "shades of gray" that I can select OR can I actually adjust the brightness level?

12. mirror

For srt both, for PGS only brightness.
    Zidoo player has more subtitle options than almost any other player.

mytich likes this.