IP Control for DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Burki, May 23, 2023.

1. Burki

Burki Member

I've tested at first (with the current firmware) send controls through IP (e.g. http://<IP>:9529/ZidooControlCenter/RemoteControl/sendkey?key=Key.PowerOn.Poweroff) and this is working!

But (at mentioned before) if the device is in the status poweroff, you can't use the nic furthermore.

Also: Set it to standby (http://<IP>:9529/ZidooControlCenter/RemoteControl/sendkey?key=Key.PowerOn.Standby) and after that using PowerOn, you'll get on the screen a selection between Power Off, Reboot, Timed Shutdown, Screen Off and cancel.

With an additional Key.Select or Key.Cancel you then come back to the start screen.

So this means for me: IP Control is implemented, but not really useable for the DMP-A6. Is the coming in the future a bugfix?

Also: Primarely I want to use IP control for controlling media play (pause, play, next , previous,...), but also for powering on/off. So can we get the IR code for power on/off?

2. Burki

Burki Member

After trying more controls, it seems that the media controls are not working, but perhaps there will come an update...

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Zidoo's IP control API is not suitable for EVERSOLO, and we will release the complete IP API in due course

DeMerk, The Moog, lemongrass and 2 others like this.
  4. Orbano

Orbano New Member

Hi, any news on these API ? I'm really interested in this streamer but it's key for me to have such API to integrate it in my hifi system and domotics
    Thx

Burki likes this.
  5. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Does the DMP A6 actually have an API? If it could have an endpoint (something like "/playing" or "/status") returning the current output sample rate, it would be very interesting to me.

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yup, this is a very useful thing in terms of domus automatica. Even moOde does, in a way or another, offer such functionality... ;-)

7. Robsp

Robsp New Member

Also putting up my hand for this. What Nutul said!

8. Burki

Burki Member

Any news in here?

Eric777 likes this.
  9. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I am most interested in this, too, because this would make it possible to control playing from the PC not using an APP, a simple HTML page would do it.

10. RingoG

RingoG New Member

... Also looking for this features!

11. DeMerk

DeMerk New Member

This could be very useful...

12. The Moog

The Moog Member

Another vote for a very useful feature. Would this also enable the ability to wake on LAN?

13. Burki

Burki Member

14. Burki

Burki Member

No you can't, because the DMP-A6 doesn't has a standby with an active NIC.
    What I've done (I'm controlling the DMP-A6 fully over IP):
    * shutdown over IP with eversolo's API and the complete power off with an IP controlled power outlet.
    * power on over IP the power outlet and with the right settings in the DMP-A6, the device will startup.

The Moog likes this.
  15. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

Wow - that is a beautiful app - much more than I had in mind. Thanks a lot! It works perfectly.

Maybe you can include a detection if the IP was updated and tell the user to edit the JS file otherwise.

16. Burki

Burki Member

It's not my app. I'm using for IP control my Philips Pronto Pro remote, which is able (with pronto script) handle IP control.

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Because, maybe, they're not intended yet for public usage? That is: still a "work in progress"?!?