Interesting Open-Source Alternative to Kodi app

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by cobra78, Feb 26, 2016.

1. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Hi

I found this app on freaktab
    https://movian.tv/projects/movian
    It supports PS3, Raspberry Pi, PC and Android.
    It was first made for PS3 to allow people to watch movies.(Like Kodi was first made for Xbox)
    The developer said he will add Android local storage support also, but maybe users can write to him or in the forums to encourage more Android work.
    Source code is also available and there is git history with changes
    https://movian.tv/projects/movian/repository

Zidoo can also help make the app better and maybe add changes they did to Zidoo Home Threatre app to this app also?

It also supports plugins just like Kodi so people can write their own plugins, so maybe Zidoo can support this app also as Zidoo Home Threater app doesn't support plugins?

2. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

3. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

why take one of the new non-KODI systems?
    KODI is a sort of standard and can be used on all os-platforms

on the next media player i will buy is the main point - full support of standard KODI!

now i am thinking really, if i give back all my x6 players, because of not using "KODI" as it has been stated when i bought it!

4. nice159

nice159 Active Member

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Movian is awesome! Small but very powerful. Player is not yet good enough, but seems promising.
    Not my first choice, but to keep an eye on!
    P.S. with 1.0.33 FW youtube works again and very well (in my environment)

6. cobra78

cobra78 Member

The more competiton the better.
    Movian is still an early project but can turn into something great if more people are aware of it and can provide updates/improvements to it.
    The main thing is it also supports plugins and is the only app apart from Kodi that does that.
    I hope it can turn into a good media player.

7. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member