HT v4.1.79 (fanart.tv artwork API fix)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

What exactly is the symptom with the online posters? I have not updated to this HT version yet, but I do not notice any problem except that I do not see the clear logo of the title at startup I guess.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Fanart.tv changed something in the API so posters and ClearLogos were no longer available in HT.

As you've seen, you're missing the ClearLogo and if you focus on a movie poster, hit Pop/Menu and try to change artwork you'll see the online selection of posters to chose from missing too.

This version of HT is the same as yours except that the fanart API has been updated (and a small fix for manually changed collection artwork export).

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I selected a movie last night to see if I could select an alternate poster and it looked like the typical selections were available...??:confused:

4. Markswift2003

Were there a lot of choices (ie greater than 10 say) or just a couple?

I think they're still buggering around with the website - today there were a few titles that wouldn't return a match with the API so it could be a case of the database rebuilding over the next couple of days.

5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

FWIW, Every movie I have checked so far has had many options for posters and backgrounds.... all of them stating that they are from TMDB.com though ... if that means anything? The only thing that I notice that isn't working is the Clear Logo at startup...

6. Markswift2003

Which version of HT and firmware is that?

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

This would be the firmware and the HT that is packaged with the latest "online" upgradeable beta firmware version. Last night, I then updated just this latest version of the HT apk and indeed see that in addition to all the TMDB poster and background options, there now is additional fanart options and the Clear Logo is working as expected. And obviously on any titles where I select to view the trailer, that function is still working very poorly. Quite literally spending more time buffering and pausing, then actual playing of any trailers it would seem.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  8. Markswift2003

Yeah - not sure what's going on with online trailers at the moment. My advice is to use local trailers then you're not at the mercy of the vagaries of the internet and 3rd parties moving the goalposts.

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Well, that didn't take long.. looks like for me at least, that the Fanart and clear logos are down again even with this revised HT apk....

10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Yup. Fanart is again not working.

[​IMG]

11. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Continues to fly to the desktop HT4. Firmware 75 G. I suffered for 4 days with different firmware and settings and finally found out the cause of the crash. It's the music's fault. player HibyMusic . After its removal, the flights stopped.
    Some miracles.

12. Markswift2003

For the most part, posters and ClearLogos are coming in fine from fanart.tv.
    However there is still an issue with fanart's API - there seem to be a few movies that simply don't return any information if queried directly with the API - for example, 2012, Bad Times at the El Royale, Bohemian Rhapsody.

13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Will this fix also be incorporated in the next FW, because i have not installed this fix ?

14. Markswift2003

Yes it will.

15. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Hi Mark

I had to install the Hotfix, because i was missing to much posters and Clearlogos.
    I did it with APKinstaller, and now it is in the list of installed programs in Clearmanager -> APP Uninstall (just as Chrome).

Won't it be in the way when a new FW is released.

In the past i had problems with QS fixes hiding new features of new FW, and had to remove the fix in Clearmanager -> APP Uninstall first the get those new features appear ?

Screenshot_20220224-122015.png

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  16. Markswift2003

As far as I know you should be fine - I get HT updates quite a lot and then if I install a full firmware it will just overwrite.

I just click on the APK to install but using APKInstaller shouldn't cause a problem.

17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Fanart.tv is back with 6.3.75

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who posted the instructions for putting films in sequence order rather than by date but strangely my memory didn't fail me and I tried it and it worked really well, so thanks to whoever! Screenshot_20220225-142228.png

Whilst King's Man strictly speaking not part of Kingsman it is the precursor. Probably for copyright reasons the space between Kings and Man. Not a great film but a lot of fun and a good sound mix.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Any idea when the next update is coming? @Markswift2003 @mirror Also has anyone heard anything about new boxes for this year?

20. Berto5585

Berto5585 New Member

Hey all,
    I installed this fix for a zidoo z9x and it worked like gangbusters. Unfortunately I just installed this for my z10pro and it didn't do zilch. Is this effective for both/ anything I need to do differently for the z10 to get that clearlogo working? Any help appreciated!