HT v4.1.79 (fanart.tv artwork API fix)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It seems that fanart.tv buggered about with their API and killed our posters/fanart and ClearLogos.

This is version of HT fixes the issue and also fixes an issue with local art export for collections:

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_poster_v4.1.79.apk

Enet, pcristi, serg fedorov and 8 others like this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you .............. we will test !!

3. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

SUPERRRRR
    It is a pity that the HDD Media player (RTD 1296) has been forgotten.
    But it does not hurt to buy new hardware to have the latest software.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Is this fix for RTD 1619DR players only ?

EDIT :

Hello Zwanzig,

This version does not work with the 2 previous generations of devices ?

5. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

I didn't try this one, but the earlier ones were compiled separately on RTD 1296 and RTD 1619, so I assumed the same now.

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

am2 likes this.
  7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello pcristi

I will ask him to try it

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  8. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

It looks like it's working so far, successfully installed.
    Thanks

pcristi likes this.
  9. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

I am a bit of a newbie here, but I assume that this update is installed using the APK installer and not the firmware update?

10. Markswift2003

Easiest is just to stick it on a USB (or network location), navigate to the apk file with Media Center and select it.

_dbw_ likes this.
  11. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

Thanks!

12. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Any fix for the choppy trailer playback yet?

13. Markswift2003

No - that's due to using the online stream player rather than the SOC hardware player for trailer playback. Of course in the case of online streams, this player must be used but even in the case of local trailers, I'm not sure if that can be changed because of the way HDR, framerate and resolution modes are set.

14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I don't believe the trailer playback issue is with the Zidoo online stream player. My Z9s played back just fine on its version of HT4, where on the Z9x, this seemed to start after one of its updates. At least what I have noticed others mentioning as well..

15. Markswift2003

Maybe a different issue then, but the choppy playback of certain trailers is down to the stream player - I see this with local trailers.

16. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

It worked fine for two days, and today it started crashing to the desktop.

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

.Yes unfortunately little improvement .................:(

18. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Found out the cause of the departures. Google Service is to blame. On the firmware without "g" everything is OK. If you return the firmware with "g" (gaps), then HT will fly out again.
    I felt that it looks like a problem with the weather, somehow interconnected.
    Zidoo should solve problems with Yahho Google. It is very bad today. I'm disappointed again. I do not want to waste time on the constant solution of these minor problems.

19. Markswift2003

This release is only to fix the issue with online posters and ClearLogo, nothing else.

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ah! OK....;)