how tonsee on pc the usb harddisk

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Edwin Hoogstad, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Edwin Hoogstad

Edwin Hoogstad New Member

hello i'm having a zidoo x10 now i want on my pc put movies on the usb harddisk connected to my zidoo x10
    how to do that

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

openwrt and samba share, search the forum

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You ever tried to connect this player via USB3 to a PC? With another RTD1295 based player that in fact works after installing some drivers at the PC end. The PC sees all storage facilities then.

4. Edwin Hoogstad

so i connect directly the player to pc and where i see drivers and stuff you telling me.

the strange thing is on the mediaplyer i see my pc and streamen no problem but on the pc i see nothing, so not even the usb ports of the player.

but i hope you can help me furhter with this thank you very much

5. Nice Monkey

Will give this a try myself.

6. Edwin Hoogstad

Nice i hope hou know whats going wrong

7. Nice Monkey

Connecting my other brand RTD1295DD based player via USB3 works. It will find it as a MTP USB device. It installed the driver automatically after detecting a Realtek device via USB.
    That player has an USB3c port and a matching cable for that.

Used a Type-a to Type-a USB3 cable next connecting my X9S but it is not found. This can be a HW difference for USB3 or a missing Android driver. Bottom line it seems not to be supported?

So you need to use FTP, SMB or NFS to connect it via the network or swap HDD drives what in fact I do myself mostly.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  8. Edwin Hoogstad

Ok on the player is samba but how to configure ftp .
    That i can fond on openwrt also.
    I do not have experience dit ftp.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

10. Edwin Hoogstad

Ok i will hey asap but at moment i m busy i let hou know if it s Works thans you

11. Edwin Hoogstad

well the last step didn't work but i think it was a extra step we will see at the moment i can see the usb harddrive. so lets hope it will keep working till so far thank you so very much thank you

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

last part is to open port in router and connect to ftp from internet, you don't need it for local transfers.