How to tag and structure music collection for MP?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by muha, Nov 16, 2021.

1. muha

muha Active Member

So far there is no clear guide, and we are hoping that new version of MP will read tags.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Exactly reading the MP3/FLAC tags as an optional priority would make it already a lot better. But I feel they think they can do a better job via scraping which they as is still don't do.

They also forget about people having huge libraries where scraping does not work in an acceptable way.

Also Artist-Album sorting is missing without generating a zillion of artists.

3. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

So it sounds like at this point a Zidoo is only worth it if I want to a UI for movies. TV and music seem to be a bust. :|

Mabon likes this.
  4. muha

muha Active Member

Dash separation is the worst. Kodo´s album Sai-Sō: The Remix Project will produce - name of the album Sai by the artist Sō The Remix Project.

5. Nice Monkey

I use Media Center to select and play Music Albums which it does for most album formats correctly. If you like the jukebox features it is not perfect (yet) . It is improving though and now e.g. often gets the correct lyrics.

What I don't understand after launching a slew of expensive HiFi models that all energy seems to go to HT4 still. At least DV got quiet by now.

Mabon likes this.
  6. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I don't even need lyrics or band info, I just wanna see the cover art and a track listing highlighting what's playing now. I don't use the Zappiti Music function because it's pretty rubbish but would be good to jam some music on the big speakers every now and then while having a few drinks :)

7. muha

muha Active Member

I motioned this before, Z10 Pro made me take out WD TV Hub out of the closet, so I use it as music server for flac/cd rips (per your instruction) since Twonky does beautiful use of tags (you can have multiple genres and styles just separated with coma and it will work). I keep back up on Z10Pro and I use MC only for 4.0,5.1,5.0 DTS music rips, just few of them.

I do expect that they are working on MP 7 Christmas edition, because HiFi devices are getting bad rap because of MP.

8. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

This is my music naming pattern :

voyo.PNG

I have been using it for many long years. This pattern is flawless for DUNE, for X96 Max Pro, for Zidoo too. The MC reads everything well, displaying the covers correctly during playback. Sure, there are bugs, shortcomings, but it usually works well for me.

9. Nice Monkey

Oh yes: Next to Folder.jpg also Cover.jpg, Front.jpg and artist.album.jpg should be used automatically.
    These are the 4 most common formats widely used. Preferable in this order of preference.
    For myself it will be late as I already renamed all my albums to include folder.jpg which mostly only
    work correctly with Media Center selecting play for the album.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  10. Tof78

Tof78 New Member

So to summarize:

1. Higher priority - must have
    Use tags and Metadata.
    It can't be so difficult to find a piece of code doing this. All players, all apps are doing this, why not MP6? Devs, tell us what is the blocker for you to not use Metadata for sorting artists - album - titles ?

2. Alternate solutions: users are forced to rename files and is painful
    Rename all your files... 20k files for me... using the template described by different users here.
    Thank for sharing your best practice but we (users) should never give up telling developers to wake up and use standardized Metadata

@Nice Monkey: thanks for supporting and sharing tips but you are a major contributor for Zidoo products, an user of MP6 and seems to have some connections with developers through the beta testing group. Please push them in the direction of standardization,.

gymnos and fsim2000 like this.
  11. Nice Monkey

I am using Total Commander for renaming it has a Multi-Rename Tool option with many advanced features. That helps a lot.

12. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Tag&Rename also are doing good job to rename folder&files, but is not free.

13. Nice Monkey

3. Optimized the problem of missing album and artist title characters.

Seems to work. :)

Small progress as all attention keeps going to HT4. But anything is better than nothing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  14. muha

muha Active Member

Has this been resolved? Sorry I am taking a break at my family country house, I am trying to stay uptodate on forum but...

BTW took my Z10 Pro, LG UST PH450UG and Panasonic sc-htb170 soundbar, and it is fantastic. Only problem that I have is that I only have medium size tin pot for popcorn.

‐-----------
    Just saw that new fw is out. Baby steps for MP.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  15. Nice Monkey

Enjoy your stay. :)

16. muha

muha Active Member

Kids are on their winter break till February and we are expecting omicron to hit us in Feb/March so this is our chillout zone.

20220121_131302.jpg

pcristi likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That looks absolutely beautiful!

muha likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

For sure it does. Visitors allowed?

19. muha

muha Active Member

20. Nice Monkey

Yes it seems to be beautiful there. Must go there one day. :rolleyes:
    I think this is slightly off-topic. ;)