Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Update v2.9.11 much better a few play now but some do not .

so H.T.v2 be renamed H.T.v3 any day now . :)

zarathoestra likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

From the sample I've tried, I'd say at least 95% of mine play first time and most of those that don't will play trailer #2 if there is one.

Can you give a few examples of those that don't play?

3. Markswift2003

Definitely something freaky going on with your box - I did try to use nfos a while back but couldn't get it to work, despite the nfos being correct, so I gave it up as a bad job - I'd stick with the online data, it works very well.

4. Markswift2003

Nah - they can add an extra dot release if needs be ;)

5. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I really want them to add the function of automatically scanning all files (before they are launched) for the audio codecs used, and the resolution (mediainfo).
    Why is it so hard to implement?

6. Markswift2003

I don't think it's particularly hard to implement, but I think it's a fundamental change to the code base.

I completely agree though - this is actually quite important to not just the aesthetics, it also impacts the category filters since, for example, the 4K category is useless unless you've run every single movie in your collection at least once.

sojer2005 likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

v2.9.11 confirmed. It plays all blocked trailers. Hopefully it will stay that way. Trailers that didn't play in previous version are still the same. Low percentage in my collection.

8. Markswift2003

Yep - the acid test was this morning, and yes, all trailers are still playing :)

9. DELUCAS

at work at moment only one i can remember is Contact jodie foster no auto trailer or

10. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

How do you update Home Theater?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Download file from post #48 page 3 and unzip. Copy to USB drive. Insert to Zidoo. Find this file using Zidoo browser or use APK installer. Click on it agree and enjoy

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Thanks for the reply, then there is the configuration to be redone or the settings remain?How can I see what version I have now?

13. Markswift2003

Settings and database will persist but when you're trying beta software like this ALWAYS make a database backup just in case.

Version is on the "about" screen.

14. metar

metar New Member

In my harddisk, I created a folder in which I put all the movies and music.
    When I changed the disk, I copied the folder in the new one and in the Source menu I just deleted the old paths and created the new ones.

15. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

New Zidoo Poster v2.9.17 (official)

16. Markswift2003

Galactic likes this.
  17. DELUCAS

Thanks do you know if they may add in the future firmware a Video Test Card picture for a quick callibration purposes amongst the other photos in settings ?

back to H.T.v3 ;)

18. Markswift2003

I've never heard it discussed and to be honest it's not really in the remit of a media player - it's easy enough for a user to download test patterns or videos, whether 2K or 4K, LDR or HDR, Colour, Greyscale etc etc..

For my money the Masciola Test Pattern Suite takes some beating, although the free Mehanik patterns are great too.

19. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Even if @Markswift2003 does not recognize it and choosed the wrong place for this thread: this version of HT is also for players like the Z10. Why he posted only in the Z9S part of the forum will be his secret.

20. Markswift2003

You'll never know...........................

ThomasP likes this.