Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I was not saying that Zidoo should completly remove it from HT, just to have an option in the settings to desactivate it if we don't want to use it. ;)

My zidoo is on French for the scrap of the movies in HT and english for the general display.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you tried French for both settings?

I can see why the ClearLogo may be a mixture - French by default, and revert to English if no French is available, but not German and Spanish...

3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I was asking myself from where come the logos. I can understand that if they come from a database, they can't get all of them in my language and so they display the original name of the movie. But sometimes, the results are in a third language. Btw, I don't want the logos so it's really to help the other users. ;)

3 examples with a logo in spanish:

• The Straight Story (1999) from David Lynch: in french the name of the movie is "Une histoire vraie". For the logo, I have a spanish one: "Une historia verdadera".
    • In the name of the father (1993): in french, "Au nom du père". My logo: "En el nombre del padre"
    • The First Great Train Robbery (1978): in french "La grande attaque du Train d'or". My logo: "El primer gran asalto al tren".
    French in both settings, no change.

4. Markswift2003

Ok - I think I know what's happening...

If you search these titles on the ClearLogo website there isn't a French logo uploaded (but you can add them yourself if you want!)

So because your language is not set to english, it's picking the first non english language it finds.

I would suggest it maybe it should simply pick english if french is not available rather than another random language dependent on what is uploaded by users.

However, I think you're absolutely correct - it would be better for a switch to turn off the ClearLogo option if you don't want it.

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Good job Sherlock Holmes!:cool:

I didn’t know this website. It could be usefull for my « job » to get nice french posters on TMDB. I could upload some french logo from time to time. :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. mamideltoro

mamideltoro New Member

Hi,
    Since i got ht3 update automatically, playback freezes randomly even on the videos that i have already watched before, or playback stops. And today i faced with system freeze. Lcd screen froze on playback time and it aint react to remote controller.
    I installed 2.3.30 beta, and the peoblem still exists. Is there any option to get back ht 2.0? I was so happy with it, with no problem at all. Could u please help?

7. Markswift2003

You can uninstall HT which will then revert to the factory version of HT2 (make a backup of your library).

However, you may find the apk will auto update to HT3 again.

There is no change to the playback engine at all between HT2 & HT3 (playback is built into the firmware not the HT2/3 apk) so although I understand that the issue started after HT3 updated, that is not the inherent reason - something else is wrong.

If the issue persists I'd suggest reverting to factory firmware:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/ua1h3YuLrJzeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

And then restore to the latest release firmware:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/2INlOr7QH+1KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Read all instructions carefully, follow them to the letter and again, make a backup of your library as this process will delete it.

8. Gerardo Rashon

Gerardo Rashon New Member

Hola, a mi particularmente me empezó a funcionar correctamente la película M.inc. con esta actualizacion..por lo que si creo que el reproductor de video mejoro.

9. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

My device updated automatically to 3.0.40

I found it hard to navigate on the titles, shouldn't it be with the arrows on the remote?

10. Markswift2003

Can you explain a bit more - nothing has changed with how the remote works other than wrap at the ends of poster rows.

11. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

I'm selecting "Movies"
    Then I have on the TV a table of say 100 movies
    I want to navigate using the arrows on the remote, but it get stuck and move 1 title FW and than backward
    In previous version I went to top menu and from the last item the arrow suddenly start working

I will be happy for an explanation how to navigate the titles correctly

12. catorcio

catorcio Member

Interesting but the question was another, is it possible or not to move the "Menu" icon to another part so that it does not interfere with the video progress?

13. Markswift2003

This is how it works:

Press <up>, <down>, <left> or <right> arrows once and focus will move 1 poster at a time.

If you keep the button pressed for more than 500ms, focus will move rapidly poster to poster in which ever direction you are pressing.

If you have the <left> or <right> arrow keys pressed and held, focus will wrap at the end of the current poster row and move to the previous or next line, both on the left hand side and right.

<PageUp> and <PageDown> work the same way (press and press/hold) but they jump one page at a time.

If you want to return to the first poster press <return> once.

14. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

I don't think so. In this newest Beta HT3 is the factory version. He should take an older version than 2.3.30!

i uninstalled the APk and stayed on HT3.

16. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

I Agree entirely, I have way more TV series than Movies and have to pretty much re scrape each episode by selecting TVDB, and using the remote is about 8 steps to get it done, then the scraper will usually get the actors but fail to include the poster or background, so then I have to select the image which I have downloaded onto an internal SSD and select that.
    It seems to me that Zidoo is concentrating on Movies and giving lips service to TV Shows, they really do need to sort this out, the whole GUI for HT 3 is the best I have ever used, but Kodi leaves it in the dust for scraping TV shows.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If you have a lot of TV shows then try this.

Install Kodi or ZDMC. Just add your TV folders as sources - not movies. Get Kodi\ZDMC to do a scan. Next export the library as individual files selecting all options. This will create images\nfo files\actor images in your sources. In HT3 set NFO as the precedence for scraping. Then where HT3 misses stuff you can select the files exported by Kodi\ZDMC.

OK its a bit of a pain but you get all the background art etc.

18. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Why is it not possible to scrape tv shows just like Dune players ? Scan first episode automatically rest follows works like hell:)

19. maggiesfan

maggiesfan New Member

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try.
    What would be nice is if Zidoo would address the scraping issue in an update.

20. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I would like to transform my bluray into mkv and add the extra content as a second video track, too bad that HT3 does not read the second video track, is there the possibility to insert this function?
    Thanks