Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Did you set in preferences to use local trailers?

2. Robo111

Robo111 New Member

Yes i did. It is working with movies byť i can't make it work in series.

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

On a Z10 Pro with the option for local trailers activated and « trailer » in the list of the ignored files when scanning :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(in reality, the trailer of john wick 4 :D)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    Deano86 likes this.
  4. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

A super thread, but I'm obviously doing something wrong, I have 4 mkv files in one folder with the following information: Roger Waters Us + Them(1#Main Feature).mkv, Roger Waters Us + Them(2#Fleeting Glimpse).mkv, Roger Waters Us + Them(3#Comfortably Numb.mkv and Roger Waters Us + Them (4#Smell the Roses).mkv
    I would like to see on the main page instead of A, B, C, D boxes I would like to see boxes with Main Feature, Fleeting Glimpse etc. What am I doing wrong, I've renamed them different ways but the only thing that changes on the screen is the meta data and running times. I'm reaching out to those who are more clever than me.
    Forgot to say I'm using a Z1000 pro.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You need a delimiter between the name and the suffix.

Try Roger Waters Us + Them.(1#Main Feature).mkv

Attached Files:

6. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try it now and report back.

7. Markswift2003

It's also possible the "+" is confusing things, so you may have to change to "and" or "&".

8. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

No that didn't work I still have my A, B, C etc. But they are in the correct order any othe ideas, I bet its something stupid I'm doing.

9. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

I give that ago, its keeping me fit as the media rooms in a different part of the house.

10. Markswift2003

Works here:
    upload_2023-10-25_19-33-47.png

upload_2023-10-25_19-34-10.png

upload_2023-10-25_19-34-30.png

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

One of the thing I learned the hard way is that you have to rename all movies with the same title.
    Roger Waters Us + Them.mkv
    Roger Waters Us + Them(1#Main Feature).mkv

Will show up as A, B boxes. If you have 4 movies make sure you label them all.

12. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

Nope that didn't work either, I tried "& also and" still 4 boxes A,B, C, D, may be it's not possible in my case.

13. Markswift2003

Definitely possible - I just added 4 random files and named as above and it worked as expected...

14. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

Now I have an extra friend to help, love the fact Mark your showing me exactly what I want. I did have them as:
    Roger Waters Us + Them(1#Main Feature).mkv,
    Roger Waters Us + Them(2#Fleeting Glimpse).mkv,
    Roger Waters Us + Them(3#Comfortably Numb.mkv
    Roger Waters Us + Them (4#Smell the Roses).mkv
    So I could go back to the + , looking at your seen shot Mark would they all be in one folder, what am not seeing, may be its in the other setting?

15. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

Mark, my path drive now looks the same as yours, but I still have the boxes. So frustating but thank you for trying to help, I'm so jealous you've managed it.

16. lesterjd

lesterjd New Member

Off to watch a movie now, feel free to come back with any other ideas, I would love to rid myself of my ABC's

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

There isn’t a . After Them before (1#Main Feature).mkv
    Maybe that is the problem ?

18. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

Here's what I have and it works fine. BTW, you're missing an end bracket ) after Numb. That will cause it not to work.[​IMG]

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

It makes we wonder if your automatic scanning of new content is turned OFF for some reason?...and thus not picking up your naming changes? FWIW, If I make changes similar to what you are doing, I always navigate away from that title's HT4 page, ,then make my file name changes. Then you should be seeing the message flash up on HT4, that it recognized new content and the posters will be refreshed in x seconds. Then when I open up that title's movie info page everything is always updated.

The other option you can try is to navigate to the "More" Information" button at the bottom of the page and IIRC, then there should be an option to force a Refresh of the MediaInfo? data.... I have seen where that will lock in changes as well....not sure if should have anything to do with this... what the hey! The only times that my A, B, C info boxes did not update properly was literally due to a typing mistake on my part when I renamed them...

20. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@lesterjd there is also no closing ")" on number 3. You also need a . between Them and (.