Home Theater 4 overview

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by 3DBuff, Sep 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SerGioTenerife

SerGioTenerife New Member

Trailers in English: any solution to change it?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Use local trailers - that's what I do then I know every trailer will work and it's the one I want.

3. kabuki

kabuki New Member

Does anyone know if there is a possiblity to play background music on HT 4 Start ? Would be nice when there is some music playing when entering the home cinema.

4. SerGioTenerife

SerGioTenerife New Member

That would be great, but I don't think it's possible ...

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

That's what I do. I was getting mostly French and Spanish language subs! I'm in Australia and whilst 30% of us were born elsewhere, Mandarin, Arabic, Italian would be not unexpected.... I get most of mine from https://www.traileraddict.com/

Markswift2003 and SerGioTenerife like this.
  6. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

Anyone have problems where in a boxset all the cover art are not close together it looks as though one is missing and there is a space for it – tried removing them then re adding them that didn’t work only a couple are like this – not sure how to fix it – I am on 2.3.80 firmware

Screenshot_20211121-094216.png Screenshot_20211121-093949.png

7. Markswift2003

This is something I saw in early Z9X testing but was fixed very early on - I guess that bug is still in the version of HT on the 1296 players...

8. Markswift2003

Yep - it just makes sense to me to use the facility - like having local artwork - you can choose exactly the file you want to use and not have to reply on the vagaries of the internet.

Trailer Addict is great and I also use this YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TrailersPlaygroundHD/videos

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Ok thanks - not seen that before

10. remiart

remiart New Member

Hi, anybody know why movie isn't available on the poster wall? Movie is physicaly on hdd like the rest. I did rematch a few times wihout the result.

11. Netmask

Try re scanning the hdd

12. remiart

remiart New Member

Thanks Netmask for advice. How can I do this?

13. Netmask

Which model do you have? I'm not sure is the menu items layout is the same in all models. I have a UHD3000.
    Anyway you must have scanned your disc original when you setup your share locations. On mine there is an icon top right on the poster wall page. Click on that and all your shares comes up. From that point it's pretty intuitive.

Screenshot_20220130-115826.png Screenshot_20220130-115826.png Screenshot_20220130-115734.png Screenshot_20220130-115826.png Screenshot_20220130-115734.png Screenshot_20220130-115826.png Screenshot_20220130-115734.png Screenshot_20220130-115734.png

Screenshot_20220130-115734.png

14. catorcio

catorcio Member

When I use this app on my AZ10, green screens appear

15. remiart

remiart New Member

16. richard southcott

richard southcott New Member

i really like this and the interface but i have a problem , i have 3 x Zidoo Z9x around my house and i have all my films on a server it means i have to make add the films to a collection on each player ? so do it 3 times and edit all the films in the collection each time (or is there a way to make the collection locally and let the 3 players acesss it?
    i have come from a zappati player where you can create a collection or cloud or local and all 3 players can log in and access also theres a pc progream to edit the whole collection

any help will be appriciated

17. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I have 4 players around the house and have the same problem - if you edit and customise on one player it will not automatically update the other players - what you can do is a backup the player that you have setup then go to the others then restore from the backup you have created - I asked that question before it would be great if the Players could read how the other players posterwall are set up

18. richard southcott

richard southcott New Member

yeah its a shame its only really made for a person with one player

DaveH1 likes this.
  19. Emiwan

Emiwan New Member

Hello everyone, I need some help from you. I have decided to use Home theatre in place of ZDMC.
    But I have issues to add some videos sources. I have a Synology NAS with 4 internal HDD plus 4 external HDD connected with USB on the NAS. I have videos directories on each of these devices, use them with ZDMC through SMB and never experienced any issue.
    But strangely on Home theatre, the sowhtware only recognizes the videos directories on my internal HDD and videos folder on ONLY ONE of the external HDD. This is really strange as all of my external HDD are formated the same way in NTFS, and are perfectly recognized with SMB protocol on ZDMC. There are no differences of content between these HDD (containing mkv)
    Could you please help me to understand?

20. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

I see that you can save your library to a custom folder. Assuming that folder was a shared folder somewhere, wouldn't that allow you to synchronise all players? Would you just give one device write access and all the others read access and correct your library through the one player?

Have just updated to 6.3.92(G) on my Z1000Pro. I still can't backup HT4.1.86 to a network share though, but I'm not sure if it's a network issue or related to the Zidoo? Can still backup to an attached USB drive.

The last two betas I've been unable to write to the network via NFS or SMB so I haven't tested this workflow.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Johnwoto likes this.