Hide HDMI Screen for apps

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by natzen, Oct 9, 2015.

1. natzen

natzen Member Beta test group

you checked ?

2. natzen

@spring
    look this

UPDATE

have modified kernel to always report 0 for /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state // this was easy
    now I just need to take care of /sys/class/display/HDMI/connected //ok this was easy too

seem's that some apps are looking beyond these two variables for example the "stan" app in australia

ok here it is, https://mega.nz/#!XcIGVKBC!g9KsetZlz...MrtHNkuGJHZvLA

this has
    /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state = 0
    and
    /sys/class/display/HDMI/connected = 0

3. natzen

4. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

Thank you guys for your effort and for the patience you undertake a lot of "complaints". For this especially, running HBO Go on my TV, I bought a cheaper device running Android 4.4.1 on which I can run KODI and HBO GO and put the X6 aside for a while, until some of the problems are solved. To me lip sync (around +250 secs in Kodi Streams, passthrough) and HDMI State workaround are the only problems, but for now cheaper machine is working w/out these problems. Maybe in the future, after you solve other issues.

5. ayrton1974

ayrton1974 New Member

problem hdmi state not possible app sky online not workink hdmi 1
    please possible solution hdmi state 1 ?

6. spring

spring Guest

pelease give me a test app, and i will recheck this problem.
    At present, there are many people have this aspect of distress.

7. ayrton1974

ayrton1974 New Member

8. spring

spring Guest

we have test sky online app, and it can watch the video now, we will release a OTA test version later.

9. ayrton1974

ayrton1974 New Member

Thank you, I hope in a short time

10. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I've got Rokus with HDMI outputs that run HBO Go just fine without hiding anything. I use them as inputs for my Zidoo X9 from time to time. I think your device just needs to implement the HDMI standards and be certified. FYI, Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co, LTD became an HDMI adopter in March 2016. http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/adopters_founders.aspx#S

11. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

What Android version is powering your Rokus? This is not a problem for Android below Lollipop (5+). I run HBO GO on a cheap RK3188 device on HDMI TV with 4.4.2 with no issue. On Android 5+ no terminal is working with external display connected, whether a phone, tablet or Android PC, unless a workaround is done by the devs. The message on screen is" "Please disconnect the external display to continue", and you can hear the sound of the movie. I believe it is also a corporate agreement between Smart TV's manufacturers such as Samsung and LG on one side, Google and HBO on the other side. Particularly HBO GO works excellent with Chromecast, is implemented on Samsung and LG smart tv's, but not on Panasonic (Firefox OS) and others, and this includes ANDROID TV's from Phillips and Sony.
    I still count on zidoo developers to trick my HBO GO that I am running it on a tablet or a phone :).
    In the meantime, I bought a Chromecast :(.
    Enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  12. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Not exactly. You still encounter the "This video is not playable on this device" error in Youtube, Google Movie Player, and other apps when trying to play items you've purchased from the Google Store on Android version 4 devices, including the Zidoo X9. At one and the same time, Google has authored YouTube and Google Movie Player apps for Rokus, which all have standard HDMI/HDCP implementations. I would expect Zidoo is planning on doing the same thing, since they've become formal HDMI adopters. That's just a guess.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  13. ayrton1974

ayrton1974 New Member

new for sky onlone working please

14. simogold

simogold New Member

same problem with Bein Sports app that require some HDMI SPOOFING also Orange tv app "talk about the live stream ) could you please fix this in y're further firmware? ? we saw team minix had fix this , why engineer of Zidoo couldn't??
    here is the link for the app for test https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ptv.bein.mena
    and https://apkpure.com/bein-sports/ptv.bein.mena for the apk
    thanks zidoo team
    we owner of zidoo x1 ii and others will be very happy if you could contribute and fix this.

15. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I think Minix, like Zidoo, is still working on a solution for their Lollipop devices, e.g.http://www.minixforum.com/threads/hdmi-output-status-spoofing.10610/page-2

16. spring

spring Guest

we have release the HDMI SPOOFING APK in the v1.0.35.

17. natzen

18. spring

spring Guest

we remove the HDMI insert detect on kernel dirver, and the app will can detect the HDMI insert.
    we have tested the skyonline, and it can work.
    can you try it with the skyonline?

19. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

20. spring

spring Guest