Hide HDMI Screen for apps

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by natzen, Oct 9, 2015.

1. natzen

natzen Member Beta test group

any solution ?

2. natzen

please help ,i am disapointed

3. natzen

4. natzen

5. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    sorry for this, we will change it for you, pls wait a few days.:)

6. natzen

very good thanks ...i can't view tv channel because hdmi state... i wait ;-)

7. natzen

8. spring

spring Guest

I change the code,but it not sucess,but i will check again

9. natzen

please i wait :)

10. natzen

hi , any news ,it's very important for me all apps with hdmi drm not working ...

11. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Can you please list apps again that don't work and you don't need to subscribe or get free subscription after registering.
    I will try again to get some of the apps working, but it needs to be an app that is English and you get free subscription to view, otherwise it is very difficult to test for me.

12. natzen

it's french app orange tv or ligue 1 ... but all drm hdmi app not work on zidoo ...

13. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

The app for which I need this is HBO Go Romania, but it is with paid subscription.
    We need it to be tricked that we are on an internal display, not on external HDMI one. It worked ok with Android 4.4. on HDMI, on X6 i get the message "Please disconnect the external display to continue." There are some debates on XDA on this, but aparently the developers are not very interested to support. Maybe Zidoo team can solve this for their users (and buyers). I also spoted an HDMI virtual switcher app on one of the links posted by natzen but not tested so far on X6. Thanks, maybe we'll have a winner on this.

14. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Orange TV need subscription email/password and Ligue 1 don't work on devices with wifi.
    So I can't test.
    Any other apps?

15. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

Hi again! I don’t think there are apps w/out subscriptions with this protection mechanism. Ultimately, it's their purpose. For me it is only HBO Go Romania asking me to disconnect the external display. And it is a nasty problem. I would jave bought an Android 4 device if I knew about this issue. Cheaper but with better usage for me. Tech support, please, try to solve this!

16. cobra78

cobra78 Member

I found app Watch ABC that have some free videos and complain about secondary display.
    On RK3288 devices with KitKat firmware I can get videos to play but not on Lollipop firmware for RK3288 or X6 devices.
    I will try to ask Rockchip if someone knows of a solution.

17. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    i have a solution to do this, and we will release a apk to do this.

18. cobra78

cobra78 Member

echo "0">/sys/devices/virtual/display/HDMI/state
    As soon as I do this it changes, but when I open the file, it jumps back to a value of '1' and is then disabled again.
    App will need to change this file and keep it like that without Android system changing it back to '1' automatically.
    Or is there another solution Zidoo will be able to help with this problem?

19. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    it is only read permis, it could not write.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2015
  20. Bogdan

Bogdan Member