Help please to configure Z10 Pro audio settings

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by masterchipo, Dec 29, 2022.

1. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

Help to configure audio settings Z 10 Pro

I have it since last June a Z 10 Pro media player and I still can't configure the audio for my Smart TV Samsung Series 6 QN55Q60AAGCZB QLED 4K 55" 220V - 240V. There is no way that the sound is more or less acceptable. It's horrible.
    Almost no movie sounds good.
    Because the sound that comes out of the TV speakers is very bad, I bought a sound bar, also Samsung, very modern and one of the latest models.
    HW-Q600A/ZB sound bar Samsung.
    Optical and HDMI input, passing all the sound from each of the connected devices, satellite decoder, Zidoo, through the ARC input of the TV and from it to the Sound Bar via HDMI, I do not use the optical input.
    To watch cable or satellite TV, streaming such as Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc., which goes from the Smart TV to the sound bar is perfect.
    But when I turn on my Zidoo Z10 Pro media player, a lot of audio is heard very badly.
    For example, the DTS sound is bad and at very low volume, I try to use the RC, the TV, the sound bar and the Zidoo, and I can't get the ideal volume. The most modern DTS improves the quality and volume somewhat.
    Dolby is bad.
    Everything sounds like inside a cave or a pipe. It is very bad.
    My Zidoo configuration is:
    Zidoo Audio Settings:
    HDMI: AUTO
    SPDIF Audio: OFF
    Downmix HD Audio Output: OFF
    Sampling Rate Control: OFF
    USB Audio: NO
    Pass-through AMP compatible mode: NO
    I do not know what I do badly.
    All or almost all of the audio is poorly heard.
    The sound bar is very easy to set up.
    But I can't hear the sound through the Zidoo well.
    I tried with RAW and in some videos there is not even sound and specifically in DTS.
    I ask you to help me please.
    I'm desperate

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Try setting "Downmix HD Audio Output" to on for both options (AC3 and DTS core). It sounds like your TV is not eARC capable. And does your TV even support passthrough of DTS?

Also, try connecting Zidoo to the soundbars first as the specs say that Dolby TrueHD is supported. It does not look like DTS:HD is supported though so you will need to leave the Downmix option to DTS on.

masterchipo likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

masterchipo likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As far as I can tell neither the soundbar nor the TV supports eARC so lossless formats are not supported using audio return.

As @AngryVirginian says you'll need to connect the Zidoo to the soundbar to allow lossless codecs to be used.

Connect:

Zidoo > Soundbar > TV

masterchipo likes this.
  5. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

I apologize, I am an older man.
    I don't understand much about technology and less about these things.
    The cables that I have HDMI are of the latest generation and how would they go from input and output?
    Zidoo outpot?
    Soundbar input or outpot
    etc.
    And TV input or oupot
    Because in addition to how technical and complicated all this is at my age, there is the difficulty with the language.
    Thanks to all who try to help me
    Thans @Markswift2003 , tanks @Nice Monkey thanks @AngryVirginian
    Happy New year to all
    PS:
    Many people say that the cable and optical input would facilitate and improve the sound...
    Does anyone know if this is true?

6. Markswift2003

Don't apologise :)

Soundbars are always a real nuisance because they rarely have enough inputs.

Looking at the manual for yours it would seem to be no exception! It only has one HDMI input.

So connect the Zidoo output to Soundbar input and Soundbar output to TV input - Page 17 of the Soundbar manual.

masterchipo likes this.
  7. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

Thanks very much buddy @Markswift2003
    I ask a few things and then ask my daughter to make the connections, hard work, because sometimes if you don't disconnect the whole system, it doesn't work correctly and causes errors.
    1) The sound bar has the following connections:
    a) HDMI IN 1.
    b) HDMI OUT 1 ARC
    c) OPTICAL IN 1
    The satellite or cable TV decoder, how would it be connected?
    And finally, the optical input, does it not encode DTS or Dolby Atmos?
    For some people it is very good, but I find conflicting comments.
    Lastly, I do apologize for taking up your time and bothering you with my dummy questions.
    PS:
    I previously had an exceptional Sony Home Theater until recently, but it gave me some problems with the connections. The model: Home Theater Sony Bdv-n7200w.
    I thought that buying the same brand as the TV would improve, but it was not.
    If you tell me that I can use that Home Theater, I'll reinstall it.
    Lately I was having configuration and DTS playback problems on the Zidoo

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  8. Markswift2003

Satellite/cable box can be connected to an HDMI in on the TV. Audio from the satellite/cable box can either be from ARC or connected to optical in on the soundbar if the satellite/cable box has optical. This is because the sat/cable box will probably output only Dolby Digital at best.

Optical inputs can decode DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos.
    They cannot decode DTS-HD, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby TrueHD with Atmos.

masterchipo likes this.
  9. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

Hi @Markswift2003 , unfortunately the new settings didn't work.
    I connected the cables, as they indicated, but I had no image or sound, neither on satellite TV, nor on the Zidoo.
    I am very sad, because the sound problems exist on the Zidoo, and not on the TV.
    I spent a lot of money on that Sound Bar and on the Zidoo, here in my country, everything electronic is very expensive.
    I also thank everyone who tried to help me.

10. Markswift2003

It really should not be very difficult - just have a good read of the Soundbar instructions. It sounds like you just need to select the appropriate input on the soundbar.

masterchipo likes this.
  11. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

I don't know what I did wrong, but the connection between the soundbar and the TV is like this (according to the indications)
    HDMI OUT ZIDOO ----- HDMI 1 SOUNDBAR
    HDMI IN (ARC) TV ---- HDMI ARC 2 SOUNDBAR
    That's what they explained to me in the link.
    But the Zidoo had no image. So I connected a second HDMI.
    HDMI IN ZIDOO -------- HDMI ARC TV
    So I have image and sound, bad but I have them.
    Let's go by part: I only have three devices.
    1) Cable receptacle
    2) Zidoo
    3) Sound bar
    And I am doing something wrong connecting all three devices.
    I am an old man and it is very difficult for me to do all this, I have mobility difficulties and there is no person in my country who is paid and does all the installation for you

12. Markswift2003

Ok, I checked the manual for your soundbar and I can see it only has two HDMI ports - one input and one output. And it seems to have ARC but not eARC.

So I think you need to connect like this:

Zidoo (HDMI Out) > Soundbar (HDMI In)

Soundbar (HDMI Out - ARC) > TV (HDMI In ARC)

Cable Box (HDMI Out) > TV (Second HDMI In)

You should not connect the HDMI In on the Zidoo to anything.

HDMI Audio in the Zidoo should be set to Auto.

In this way, audio from the Zidoo goes straight to the soundbar and audio from the TV and the cable box go to the soundbar using ARC (Audio Return Channel).

13. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

Thank you my friend and always present to help others @Markswift2003
    I am always so grateful to you, because you never stop answering requests for help and users, especially if we are older people like me, panic and nervous.

14. Tony77

Tony77 Member

Mark,
    u r a good soul. I admire how much u help people..this is the way!

Btw- r u SURE optical/spdif can decode/pass DDP, EAC3+, & dd Atmos??? I've never been able to, but maybe it's bcuz samsung tvs don't pass those thru on optical? They DO on ARC, but optical seems limited to regular DD & reg dts.
    Thought that was standard..
    PLS lmk if I'm mistaken.. be nice if u r correct..
    Thnx

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Tony77 - I believe when @Markswift2003 said "Optical inputs can decode DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos", it was before we discussed this at some length via a PM. As far as my setup is concerned, Optical inputs or basically Optical cables generally, can only pass 5.1. - it won't pass DD 5.1 or DDP (Plus). EAC3 & Atmos are out too. This was subsequently verified and Mark agreed - I'm going back to early January.

16. Markswift2003

It's a bit of both really - The S/PDIF specification definitely allows for E-AC3 signals but it's dependent on the bitrate and equipment - older AVRs etc certainly won't recognise it.

And the bitrate limit is tricky to tie down too because the S/PDIF protocol doesn't specify a maximum bitrate. The maximum bitrate of 6Mbps would certainly be way out of its capabilities.

17. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

Thanks everyone and especially @Markswift2003, it finally worked, but I realize that the Soundbar is very bad and the sound it reproduces is worse, unfortunately I got rid of a Home Theather, Sony BD 7200 with three front speakers, amazing woofer, and two unbeatable rear speakers.
    Unfortunately it had problems with some audio such as Atmos, and some DTS encodings.
    But I'm thinking more about the Samsung TV than the audio systems.
    When I'm a rich old man, I'll buy myself a good audio system eg. Denon or Marantz, independent and the sound columns and change the brand of the TV.
    Despite all the indications of @Markswift2003, now although I notice the difference when passing the direct audio from the Zidoo to the Soundbar, it is no longer marked on the TV nor is Dolby Atmos seen on the display of the bar.
    Thank you all
    PS Maybe I should touch something in the Zidoo player's audio settings?