help: No video signal on HDMI after change resolution on the fly

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by Israel, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Israel

Israel New Member

Hi everybody!

had a problem when i was watching a movie in 1080p resolution, i pressed the resolution button on the control then the image goes out,

used many times the resolution change at the fly with no issues but now i dont have image i changed the cable, i tried with a 4k monitor as alternative but nothing seems to work

used an RCA cable so i can see image and make a reset from the zidoo menu in the android option

i can´t use the hard reset button (i pressed the button when is off then i turn on and let pressed by 15 sec but the zidoo stuck at hello message in the main display but no image with RCA at the Tv)

The tv seems to alert me that theres a device connected but only says PCM no video signal

i tried many configurations of HDMI from the RCA signal but nothing seems to work hope you can help me, im very sad now its happened to me

i have the last firmware 1.2.28

Tv is an OLED Lg B6

regards

Israel

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hello Israel;

That is nasty.

The pin despite being labeled "Reset" in fact does not do a reset by itself. It is used on all Android boxes to enable a so called "bootloader" which makes the firmware look for a FW file on an USB stick (or SD-Card for Android devices having one) as the first step at during power on.

You need to reload a special emergency firmware image file. It is single file named "install.img" with FW 1.2.3 (for X9S) being a popular one. A regular firmware won't work as the procedure uses a full ROM Android running image being restored not an Android FW install. Obviously once running you need to do an upgrade again for the desired FW. I have seen this special image restore procedure on other Android platforms but most media players just use a FW re-install.
    Do't have one (or seen one for that matter) for X20 Pro.

You put that file on an USB stick, power off the box, press the pin, power on and keep it pressed for about 3-5 seconds. It should start loading again.
    It is described with screen image pictures in detail on this forum somewhere for other models.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Israel likes this.
  3. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

Øur after-sales service staff will contact you.

Israel likes this.
  4. rkann

rkann Member

I do not want to scare you, but your video card just burned. Your media player can only be repaired by replacing the main board. Or by replacing media player itself:) One question - when the video signal disappeared - did you start a 16: 9 movie without black bars? Was it 3d movie? ..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. Nice Monkey

It is known that the X20/X20-pro main board got a higher version installed with the mass production series shipped recently (source: Futeko).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  6. rkann

rkann Member

Let's be correct in the definitions.

It is known NOT that the X20/X20-pro main board got a higher version for the mass production series shipped recently.

It is known that ALL X20/X20-pro main boards from the first consignment are defective - their HDMI microchip breaks when user try to watch movies with a high bitstream, usually 3D movies (source: personal experience).

It is also known that now ZIDOO installs new X20 / X20 PRO main boards without the mentioned defect.

But it is NOT “a higher version of main board for the mass production”.

It is just NOT DEFECTED main boards.

And it is known also, that ZIDOO could prevent sales of defective X20 / X20 PRO or massively recall the sold models for repair, but do not do it.

7. ahuman

ahuman Member

can we know what batch that affected on this issue? or how to know if my product affected?

8. Nice Monkey

Version numbers of the main board and serial numbers should reveal that to insiders. Don't ask me which ones as I don't have any insight.
    Neither know if all early units are affected, hence the chance running into the HDMI defect? :eek:

Seen the replies of Zidoo, faulty units will be replaced under warranty for sure. It seems to have been detected and solved fairly early in production. Still very nasty though running into this. :(

I don't expect Zidoo to do a pro-active swap. In fact this is never done for any home electronic equipment by any manufacturer. To be honest neither for (very) expensive professional equipment unless it is life threatening (have been involved in this type of cases myself). :oops:

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information rkann

10. rkann

rkann Member

Unfortunately, as far as I know, all the first models are defective. To find out whether this applies to your ZIDOO you can only by empirical way. To do this, you simply need to start on your ZIDOO a movie with high bitstream. In my case it was a 3D movie format of 16: 9 with the audio track DTS Master Audio. If the image disappears, then you are out of luck.

But before doing this experience - UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER THAT YOUR MEDIA PLAYER WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED. Or you will have to replace the main board.

It's sad, but it's all true, and this is my personal experience. It's a pity, but you will not find official information from ZIDOO about it.

Israel likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

It seems also to be triggered by using the resolution button on the remote control. Changing resolutions frequently seems to be the root cause of the problem?
    Having an early X20 or X20 Pro I would do so regularly to trigger a potential defect. There should not be a negative side-effect on the life time normally. Better found early than after a warranty period!

It would be nice of Zidoo to report the serial number range affected if possible (there is not a real serial number on my X9S just a barcode). So owners could at least be warned. One does not want to look inside for main board versions (this can void warranty too) .

Israel likes this.
  12. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

In my case - the shop where I bought X20, he contacted me to send equipment to replace the motherboard.

13. ahuman

ahuman Member

Thanks all for the information, i think it better for us to check the seller for warranty confirmation before we tested to ensure that the seller will responsible for warranty claim not us, but it better for zidoo for their reputation sake, to inform us the affected bath or serial number.

14. ahuman

ahuman Member

i tried with bluray and trueHD audio and changed resolution on fly, seems ok. It goes black for 2 seconds and video shows up. i dont have 3d to try

15. rkann

rkann Member

If you want to check with guarantee, try to play blu-ray Avatar 3d. But remember - MAYBE AFTER THAT YOUR MEDIA PLAYER WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED, or you will have to replace the main board.