Hdmi in, can it be reassigned as a 2nd hdmi out?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SSThing, Sep 30, 2022.

1. SSThing

SSThing Member

As per title.
    It would be useful to have a 2nd out directly to my TV (bypassing my AVR), is this possible?
    I have looked through the settings but cannot find anything.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No it can't. It's been asked for quite a lot particularly for the second HDMI Out for Audio. This "issue" resulted in me buying a HDFury Vertex 2 and I've not looked back, thanks to our renowned @Markswift2003 . It is relatively expensive though but LLDV looks quite the business on my non-DV Display TV. Difficult to see any difference between DV and HDR10+ tbh

SSThing likes this.
  3. SSThing

SSThing Member

Thank you.

4. Edworld

Edworld Member

Is this a hardware limitation or can software make that HDMI output audio only?

I also wonder how many members actually use HDMI in.

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is HW an HDMI-IN port. On the current generation players support is lousy and I guess hardly anybody is using it now. The Neo models don't have such HDMI-IN port anymore.

7. Edworld

Edworld Member

Can you connect an external device using HDMI and be able to use the zidoo player? If I could connect the vero 4k+ to the zidoo I would have a newer version of Kodi.

Thanks

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Simple answer, no.

HDMI data is in the video domain so any HDMI output from a Vero 4K+ is already "playing" with the Vero's player.

9. Edworld

Edworld Member

@Markswift2003

Thanks for responding, I wish they could make hdmi in a passthrough for a firestick for streaming, I really want to use hdmi in lol

10. Markswift2003

Sorry - you asked about using the HDMI for the Zidoo Player (as in the Realtek DVDPlayer) for Kodi on an external box which of course you can't do, but you can use it to pass through external video.

11. Nice Monkey

What works badly is the recording feature. This used to work far better on the previous models. The why escapes me totally.

12. Markswift2003

Must admit I've never felt the need for recording - all a bit 1990's...

13. Nice Monkey

Never used it myself neither. But some like to record streaming services with it I understand. As it is within the specification included it in my problem overview.