Fw 2.1.1

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Moe123, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

The newly sold X9s have firmware 2.1.1 but this official Fw can not be found neither on the Homepage or here, what kind of Fw is it, what innovations does it contain and where does it come from or when will it be released.

Unbenannt.JPG

x9suser likes this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Intresting thanks

3. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

yes, but if there should be problems with the box then you can not flash from the last FullImage not back up because this Fw is not available

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

You can downgrade with flash method. Usually firmware are release 2 months appart, very soon

5. DELUCAS

Like to see what it contains music player 3.0 or just bug updates etc

6. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

yes I can downgrade, only at the moment I would not come to the 2.1.1 and that is the point

7. dveadsl

dveadsl New Member

8. slonic202

slonic202 New Member

What about a link...

9. dveadsl

dveadsl New Member

send in private conversation

10. Valera

Valera Member

You guys help other people getting their devices stop working?

11. apgood

apgood New Member

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Very strange Zidoo approach as the link indeed downloads a brand new V2.1.1 Image firmware.
    The emergency ROM image firmware is meant to recover from failures if everything else fails, so it is a rock-solid proven version typically. Here one is used which is not even released as a beta. :confused:

Zidoo must have big trust in this firmware to use it for this purpose and also ship new units with it. Probably very safe to use it. I am very puzzled about the why of this approach? Not going to install it myself though as it will wipe everything, prefer to wait for a regular release (but saved me a copy).

Being a ROM image it is impossible to see if ZidooMusic Player 3.0 is included with it. Maybe it is not and they are waiting to exactly bundle that as everybody is expecting it to come with the next release? It would partially explain it for me. :p

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  13. apgood

apgood New Member

Still has Music Player 2.0 but at least it doesn't have the annoying pauses that seamless branching 4k movies like Coco had on 2.0.34.

14. Sarco

Usually flash method is use to change some basic things like driver or core component, also other feature like dmr widevine and of course kernel. Maybe not adding lot of software but changing the heart of system.

15. DELUCAS

1.04gb download thats bigger than normal .

16. Sarco

We can speculate a lot... Some devices use "universal" firmware, for example my TV use the same firmware for a wide range of model. It would be more easy if they can use such firmware for X and Z family. Just my 2 cents!

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No it is not: This is in the original IMG format without being zipped. It is only slightly bigger than the FW v1.2.3 ROM Image file.
    What I thought without the much expected Zidoo Music Player 3.0 upgrade but a stable image. ;)

@Sarco They could start doing so by making universal FW per family. Now it is even unique per model.

Sarco likes this.
  18. Sarco

Yes to be in img mean at last a non beta but stable one :D

19. DELUCAS

Shame its not for the x10 id try as have a spare unit .

Its a big jump in numbers though well huge from 2.0.34

karpi likes this.
  20. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Does this firmware fix the stuttering/drop frame issue with web-dl files