Fw 2.1.1

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Moe123, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I don't know since I am stutter blind, but I am actualy downgrade cause movie are all wash out... Not good for me.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think you are missing something here:
    - Zidoo is normally using Android Install FW updates (OTA and/or USB). FW 1.2.3 update is about 835 Mbyte in size. The install runs a batch and overwrites existing files in fact using the running Android OS.
    - Zidoo emergency recovery uses a very different principle. Here the boot-loader triggers a tiny program which overwrites the total flash memory area assigned to the OS directly. That way it clones a running Android image bit by bit. The ROM Image file for that same FW 1.2.3 is about 1 Gbyte in size. I don't know other media players that do so but on Android smartphones this is very common practice for last resort recovery.

As long as the boot-loader is unharmed the ROM Image overwrite procedure will recovery from any thinkable problem. Not a bad way to do it with the only disadvantage that by concept results is a cloned OS in virgin state (everything is gone).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Big jump as in 2.0.34 to 2.1.1 As in what updates they have added to it not size .

What have they included in the update .

4. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

You’d see these stutters. When panning or people are walking it looks like someone is pausing and unpausing the video. It’s really noticeable in 4K web-dl such as better call Saul.

5. DELUCAS

Not seen in 1080p 24 web-dl

But using old school Plasma but still great tech .

V 2.0.25

6. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Yeah it only popped up in 2.0.34. The short lived leaked 2.0.32 didn’t have the issue. If I can downgrade without wiping the box I might try that.

7. DELUCAS

I have come across some tv series in 1080p they played odd but in slow motion then sped up
    But put it down to some arratic download files i come across .

Movies not seen this issue but i use only 1080p

Cant comment on 4K :(

Still looking for Oled screen Monitor .

8. DELUCAS

Ok edit last post just watched a 1080p 24 movie 3-4 gb
    And stuttering / slow motion happened every 12 mins or so

First time ive seen happen so often .

Movie file ?

Or its on 2.0.25 also .?

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

im not seeing any of the stutter issues in 4k tv series at all with latest patch ie Luke Cage s2....New legends of Monkey.....Jack Ryan s1 being last few series ive back to backed

i did see it in a 1080 series via Zidoo...but that was my mistake since i NEVER watch under 4k sstuff via the Zidoo
    my U9 LG tv does 1000 percent better with handling those ,and i purchased the Zidoo Specifically just to handle 4k HDR DTS/Atmos movie/tv files

10. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

It’s gotta be infuse. I’ve played the same file back using Infuse on Apple TV 4K and have no issue. The series I’ve seen the problem in has PGS subtitles... maybe that has something to do with it.

11. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

According to a thread in www.HD199.com (Chinese forum), Zidoo representative stated that 2.1.1 has the same functionality as 2.0.34. Version 2.1.1 is the factory production version. He also said that new firmware for x9s will be out soon.

12. DELUCAS

Regarding my stutter on my latest movie ........

Im veering towards the movie file at moment .
    As never come across this this bad with all my movie collection .
    Will test another movie which played fine previously .

13. zero33

zero33 Member

From v1.2.3 after upgrade to 2.1.1, I cannot downgrade with usb to other versions (install.img)

The restore by pin / power button does not work on restore

The factory reset also does not reset settings.

I have done restore before and this is first time with this firmware that seems spoilt the special bootloader.

14. Tony77

Tony77 Member

I will give it a shot... keep my fingers crossed.

15. Tony77

Tony77 Member

ok... Beware...DON'T UDATE TO THIS FIRMWARE (unless u like bricks!)... U CAN'T GO BACK & MUCH SOFTWARE IS MISSING...
    LIKE ZBMC & HOMETHEATRE for starters! don't bother

16. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

Partly, as far as I can judge, not true, Home theatre is fully functioning, did not look for ZDMC because I never used it.

17. Tony77

Tony77 Member

Hometheatre 2.0 right??
    Mine is DEFINITELY GONE as well as other apps! & not on just 1 device...2 devices!! BUT... what's weird is that I wasn't able to downgrade with the standard recovery flash, but there is an EMEERGENCY RECOVERY flash where you actually DON'T hold the reset button...this WORKED....afterwards I upgraded to OTA 2.0.34 via USB & ODDLY hometheatre installed itself, but ZDMC is TOTALLY GONE... and available apks on site are a lower version than I had with 2.0.34????
    Here's ANOTHER MYSTERY..I used the ota via usb of 2.0.34 and afterwards my firmware displays as 2.1.1!!!!!!!!!!!!! (so apparently there are some PERMANENT changes being done)

not sure what is going on here, but you gain absolutely NOTHING by upgrading to 2.1.1!! Any help much appreciated.... see my sig also pleeeasse!

ps..from my experience the stuttering is likely related to the file.. I don't bother with 4k as 1080p 60hz seems to actually give better picture on my 4k Samy. But I've come across a couple 24p files that are just problematic.. When I say 24p I don't mean 23.97...check media info.. some files show as 23.97 & others 24p.. It seams that when web-Dl's are being captured they probably aren't encoded IDEALLY…The bitrates are so low on these webdl files that they starve the player in conjunction with whatever process is simultaneously trying to perform TRUE 24p..
    the only other possibility is "maybe" a "cinavia" type protection..web-dls are all E-AC3 opposed to ac3 correct??? cinavia is introduced thru the audio so that's a long shot possibility?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  18. FrobozzWiz

FrobozzWiz New Member

We had to reflash our X9S firmware & didn't realize until after the fact that the firmware provided in the Zidoo article was actually a higher version number (2.1.1). Thanks to Tony77 I will not be downgrading it and instead waiting for the 2.1.14 beta to be finalized.

To me it seems like they are starting to go in a different direction with this latest development. We will have to wait and see if this is good or bad for us.

I haven't had time to examine the build to verify if I have the same missing apps yet, but I did notice that the image filename states that it was created on 2018-08-02.

19. darkanbil

darkanbil New Member

Beware.. if your box shipped with v2.1.1..
    DO NOT downgrade firmware below 2.1.1

Your box will stuck forever & no procedure available to recover it.. not with emergency recovery, even with usb uart ttl method.Zidoo dev somekind change the command console & blocked user to recover it.

I have dead x9s lying in box bacause of this.

Firmware upgrade/downgrade from 2.1.1 and up is no problem.As long not below 2.1.1.